SUNY Sullivan, its Board of Trustees, and the SUNY Sullivan Foundation announced the creation of its first formal Alumni Association in February. The organization has been created to facilitate connection and support between the college, its alumni, and all of its former students. Leading up to the college’s 50th Anniversary – a milestone that will be celebrated with events throughout the year, beginning with the college’s May 2013 commencement – the Alumni Association has named its Alumni Council Members.
In keeping with the aim of the college to have its Alumni Association be a connection with and voice for its graduates and former students, the Alumni Council consists of SUNY Sullivan Alumni – and nearly every decade of the college’s existence is represented. Current SUNY Sullivan faculty and staff are among the council members. The group, which will serve through 2013-2014, is divided into Officers and Members At Large as follows:
SUNY Sullivan Alumni Council Officers
- Scott Sparling, President (1990 graduate)
- Cheryl Welsh, Vice President (2000 graduate)
- Liza MacEntee, Secretary (2012 graduate)
- Jennifer Boniface, Treasurer (2007 graduate)
Members At Large
- Thomas A. Bonfiglio (1973 graduate)
- David Cantor (1971 graduate)
- Marcus Guiliano (1993 graduate)
- Ashley Harris (2006 graduate)
- Lorry-Lynn Irwin (2002 graduate)
- Owen Ince, Jr. (2012 graduate)
- Adam Jacobson (1986 graduate)
- Carl Klein (1984 graduate)
- Mark Lawrence (1977 graduate)
- Diane Riegal (1981 graduate)
- Thomas Schneider (2012 graduate)
- Robert Slotpole (1973 graduate)
- Kerri Whitehead (2004 graduate)
Recent alumni outreach events held during the NJCAA Division III National Tournament in March and the SUNY Sullivan Student Career Fair this week have been well received. Alumni events will continue through the academic year, including at SUNY Sullivan Commencement on May 18. Alumni who wish to join and get involved are invited to take advantage of the interactive registration tools they will find at www.sunysullivan.edu/alumni.
Registration with the Alumni Association is free and open to all former SUNY Sullivan students.