SUNY Sullivan is a small, rural college located in the beautiful Catskill Mountains of New York State, yet we are only a 2 hour drive from New York City. We are certain that your time spent with us on the SUNY Sullivan campus will be productive, enriching, and rewarding.
Before You Apply
Necessary documentation for International Students is very specific, and we will make every effort to assist you through the application process. Before you apply, please…
- Review the Prospective International Student letter. This will give you a general idea on what is required of you in the application process.
- Review the Cost Breakdown for International Students to attend SUNY Sullivan for one academic year. The Federal Government requires that you have the stated amount, and can document that you have the stated amount available to you, before a visa will be issued to you to enter the United States for full time study.
- Review the list of evaluation services. All transcripts, both high school and college, not issued by an American institution, must be translated/evaluated by an American evaluation service for equivalency to a transcript issued by an institution in the U.S. SUNY Sullivan generally uses World Education Service (WES), or Globe Language, both located in New York City. You may, however, choose any service on the list. It is your responsibility to contact your service of choice to get instructions on sending your transcript.
- If English is not your native language, make arrangements to take the internet based TOEFL (ibTOEFL).
There is absolutely no cost to apply to SUNY Sullivan.
- Download Form FSA-2 and Form FSA-3. Complete these forms in their entirety. Be sure to get necessary signature(s) on Form FSA-3.
- Download Form FSA-4 (International Student Financial Statement) and complete it in its entirety with bank statements/supporting documentation as required. Be sure to get signatures of bank officials and sponsors as required. Please follow carefully the instructions on Form FSA-4.
- Mail Forms FSA-2, FSA-3, and FSA-4, along with supporting documentation to the International Student Office at:
International Admissions Office
112 College Rd.
Loch Sheldrake, NY 12759-5723
What to Expect After Applying
As soon as we receive your application with all required forms and documents as outlined above, we will let you know of our admissions decision. Remember, it is best if you begin the application process at least 3 months in advance of the start of the semester to which you wish to apply.
Please review the International Admissions checklist to be sure that you have sent ALL of the required materials necessary for the application process.
- Prospective International Student Letter
- Cost Breakdown
- List of Evaluation Services
- TOEFL (ibTOEFL)
- Form FSA-2 (Personal Essay)
- Form FSA-3 (English Proficiency)
- Form FSA-4 (Financial Statement)
- International Admissions checklist
- International Student Application
- International Student Guide for Student Success
- New International Student Handbook 2015-16
- International Faculty Bios
- Fall 2015 – Spring 2016 Meal Plan Brochure
- Health Insurance
- Pre-Arrival Info for Accepted International Students