SUNY Sullivan To Offer Free Financial Aid Workshop November 12
SUNY Sullivan’s event will be held in the Paul Grossinger Dining Room beginning at 9 a.m. Check-in begins at 8:30 with a continental breakfast. The event is expected to end at approximately 12 noon, and will be followed by a SUNY Sullivan Information Session at approximately 1 p.m. hosted by the college’s admissions staff.
This year for the first time, the FAFSA application became available October 1, three months earlier than in the past, which is intended to let students and their families learn earlier in the year how much aid they are eligible for. SUNY Sullivan’s Financial Aid staff will discuss the various Title IV Federal Aid Programs, provide instructions on filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and review procedures for applying for the New York State TAP Grant. Computers will be available for those who wish to complete the online FAFSA, and staff will assist families in doing so.
Prior to November 12, students and at least one parent should create (and bring with them) their FSA User ID that will be used each year when completing the FAFSA. Students can secure their pin numbers by visiting www.fsaid.ed.gov.
Students should also bring the following information to the event:
- Student and parent’s social security numbers
- Student and parent’s driver’s licenses (if applicable)
- Student and parent’s W-2 forms and other records of income earned for 2015
- Current bank statements for student and parents
- Current stock, bond, and other investment information
- Alien registration card (non-U.S. citizens) (if applicable)
- Current farm (unless you reside on the farm) information and business information (if business has more than 100 full-time employees – if applicable)
- Student’s and parent’s 2015 Federal Income Tax Return
- 2015 untaxed income information
Reservations for this important day are suggested. For additional information and/or to register for the Financial Aid Day, please go to www.suny.edu/studentevents and select SUNY Sullivan. In case of inclement weather, please call the SUNY Sullivan main number at 845-434-5750 for notice of cancellation.