SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill a full-time, tenure-track position in the Health Sciences Department starting fall 2022. The successful candidate must be able to assume responsibilities that include classroom and clinical teaching in all areas of Nursing. Faculty members are expected to participate in curriculum development and review and serve on college-wide committees. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a commitment to the community college philosophy and are willing to work in a collegial setting. SUNY Sullivan faculty have the primary responsibility of teaching and assessing student learning. Faculty duties include teaching, advising, working toward continuous improvement to pedagogy and discipline specific content, service to the College through shared governance, and sharing one’s expertise in Sullivan County. This position reports to the Director of Nursing. It is classified as Faculty and the incumbent is a member of the Professional Staff Association.
- Master’s degree in Nursing (required) with clinical experience. Incumbents completing a Master’s degree will be considered. Tuition assistance is available.
- A current New York State license as a Registered Nurse.
- Previous experience in curriculum development, clinical and classroom teaching is preferred.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching and possess the ability to effectively interact with a diverse student and staff population.
SUNY Sullivan is a principal employer in the Catskill region that seeks to invest in its employees by insuring a well-rounded work/life balance for its employees. Employee benefits, sometimes called fringe benefits, are indirect forms of compensation provided to our employees as part of furthering the employment relationship. We do more than offer a “fair day’s pay.” In addition to a comprehensive salary, generous insurance benefit programs and broad benefit time policies are available. As a benefit of being a union member of the Professional Staff Association, the faculty member will be granted annually 12 sick days and 5 personal days.
In addition to statutory considerations, the incumbent will also be eligible to participate in:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- Health Insurance Buyback if the incumbent has other health insurance coverage,
- Participation in the NYS retirement system,
- Supplemental retirement annuities,
- College-sponsored life and accidental death insurance equivalent to the employee’s annual salary,
- College-sponsored Long-term disability coverage,
- Optional short-term disability, cancer or accident insurances,
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan – flexible spending for medical and dependent care,
- Access to credit unions,
- Access to onsite Daycare,
- Wellness Program & access to the cardio & weight rooms in the Field House,
- Community Garden on campus,
- And more!
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, in anticipation of a Fall 2022 semester appointment we encourage candidates to submit all required materials prior to the review start date of April 4, 2022. Salary will vary dependent upon rank and based on a 30-week academic teaching schedule.
Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System! Please submit your cover letter, CV, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
Benefits with an * next to it are contractually driven, subject to change. More details upon hire.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
American with Disability Act Requirements
External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.