SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Coordinator of Fieldhouse Operations and Equipment. The Coordinator of Fieldhouse Operations and Equipment (1) Oversees the purchasing and inventory management of all athletic equipment and apparel in possession of the SUNY Sullivan Department of Athletics; (2) Assists in the management of inter-collegiate and intramural activities; and (3) Shares building supervisory duties.
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Athletics and works hours as assigned by the Assistant Director of Athletics. These hours will primarily include evenings and weekends per the needs of the Athletic Department. The Coordinator of Fieldhouse Operations and Equipment is required to work all scheduled hours of athletic and special events activity, unless otherwise advised. The work schedule of this position is subject to change due to special events scheduled by the Department of Athletics.
The position is classified as Academic Support Staff and the incumbent is a member of the Professional Staff Association.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education, Business, or Sport Management or similar field of study is required.
- A minimum of two-years experience in athletic facilities and equipment management is required.
- Sound business sense in regard to purchasing practices and inventory management and control of athletic equipment and apparel.
- The ability to regularly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- The ability to communicate effectively with students, athletes, staff, faculty, alumni, administrators and parents as well as inspire achievement and leadership among students, athletes and staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain of a comprehensive inventory of equipment and supplies assigned to athletics, physical education, intramurals, and recreation, with assistance and coordination from the coaching and teaching staff of the athletic department.
- Prepare all purchase and work orders for equipment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Faculty Student Association and Sullivan County Community College.
- Receive and place into inventory of all ordered equipment and supplies.
- Establish a procedure for the distribution and return of all equipment or supplies.
- Prepare all documentation required to process Student Impounds for equipment not returned by students.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual transportation bid for athletics in accordance with Faculty Student Association guidelines and procedures.
- Oversee the inventory, maintenance and purchasing of supplies for the “General Store” Concession stand.
- Work with the Coordinator of Athletic Operations and Intramurals to ensure the proper laundering and maintenance of all college-owned apparel.
- Maintain all equipment storage areas.
- Coordinate with the office of Buildings and Grounds on all additional Fieldhouse event responsibilities (additional equipment, cleaning personnel, etc.)
- Work closely with the Coordinator of Athletic Operations and Intra-murals on the supervision, maintenance and activities of “The Courts at SUNY Sullivan” to include the opening and closing of the facility daily.
- Coordinate, supervise, evaluate, and train student work-study personnel.
- Assist the Athletic Department in advancing the mission of the College and Department of Athletics by performing other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- Health Insurance Buyback if the incumbent has other health insurance coverage,
- Generous annual PTO: 25 vacation days, 14 sick days, and 5 personal days.
- Participation in the NYS retirement system,
- Supplemental retirement annuities,
- College-sponsored life and accidental death insurance equivalent to the employee’s annual salary,
- College-sponsored Long-term disability coverage,
- Optional short-term disability, cancer or accident insurances,
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan – flexible spending for medical and dependent care,
- Access to credit unions,
- Access to onsite Daycare,
- Wellness Program & access to the cardio & weight rooms in the Field House,
- Community Garden on campus,
- And more!
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; the anticipated start date for this position is August 29, 2022. The hiring range for this position is $38,000 to $40,533. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, resume, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
SUNY Sullivan is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform other job-related instructions given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
American with Disability Act Requirements
External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.