SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the Full-Time Temporary position of Enrollment Specialist. The Enrollment Specialist attracts, engages, and moves potential students to the complete action of enrollment at SUNY Sullivan by: (1) helping to identify, develop and implement recruitment plans for specific target segments; (2) representing SUNY Sullivan at recruitment events (e.g., college fairs, high school visits) in specific geographic areas of the state of New York and neighboring states; (3) conducting assorted administrative duties related to the enrollment process (e.g., on campus registration and recruitment, evaluating transcripts for acceptance, guiding students through the financial aid process, and the advisement of students). This position requires significant travel, as well as work on several Saturdays and evenings throughout the year.
Expectations include conducting outreach and promoting the college by coordinating recruitment activities, guiding students through the financial aid process, and advisement. The Enrollment Specialist will provide the highest level of customer service to prospective students, parents, teachers, and guidance counselors. This position reports to the Director of Admissions. It is classified as Academic Support Staff and the incumbent is a member of the Professional Staff Association.
- Associate’s degree in an appropriate field.
- Valid NYS driver’s license and ability to travel in an unrestricted manner.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact well with people at all levels.
- Ability to meet and interact with groups in a public speaking situation.
- Proficiency in the latest version of Microsoft office software and internet search engines.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends: as well as travel throughout the metro-NY/NJ and Long Island areas.
- Experience with web-based recruitment and financial aid technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field.
- Prior experience in college admissions, recruitment, financial aid and event planning.
- Experience with the Jenzabar system or other Higher education solutions software.
- Bilingual a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recruit Specific Target Segments
- Participating in high school visits, college fairs and other special events to highlight SUNY Sullivan throughout the five boroughs of New York City as well as northern New Jersey and Long Island.
- Works with recruitment staff and other appropriate parties to identify untapped segments of the population that would benefit from participation in a SUNY Sullivan program
- Works with marketing to develop recruitment plan(s) for the identified target segment(s)
- Implements the recruitment plan(s) for the target segment(s)
- Works with appropriate parties to monitor and enhance actions while the plan is being implemented, and to evaluate and recommend improvements in future plan activities at the end of a recruitment cycle.
Recruit in Specific Geographic Areas
- Works with appropriate parties to identify specific geographic areas in which to undertake recruitment activities
- Provides input to develop recruitment plan(s) for the geographic areas
- Implements the recruitment plan(s) for the geographic areas (e.g., represent SUNY Sullivan at Recruitment Events such as college fairs, high school visits)
- Works with guidance counselors in geographic areas to market college opportunities to high school juniors & seniors
Participate in On-Campus Enrollment Activities
- Participates in on campus events for prospective students, their families and guidance counselors throughout the school year (e.g., registration day and evening events, and tele-marketing, tele-counseling, and phone and letter campaigns)
- Conducts campus tours, interviews prospective students, and meets with families, schools and the public as a representative of SUNY Sullivan.
- Advise students, parents and counselors in financial aid processes.
- Addresses the needs of students, counselors and families “walking in” seeking information about SUNY Sullivan.
Conduct Assorted Administrative Duties
- Maintains a working knowledge of evaluating transcripts, financial aid processes and other criteria for purposes of enrolling students into SUNY Sullivan, and assists with the review and screening of student applications, as needed.
- Coordinates facilities reservations for events, planning of recruitment travel, and tour management.
- Records and enters information for data record keeping, as needed.
- Interacts with campus staff to keep up-to-date on all academic programs, degrees and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Recruiting and Admissions.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, for full consideration, we strongly encourage candidates to submit all required materials prior to the review start date of May 13, 2022. The hiring range for this position is $42,770 to $45,492. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references to email@example.com.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
SUNY Sullivan is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform other job-related instructions given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
American with Disability Act Requirements
External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.