The SUNY Sullivan Department of Athletics is seeking to fill a Full-Time Coordinator of E-Sports Teams position. We are looking for dedicated individuals with demonstrated skills and experience in Coaching on either the Collegiate or High School levels.
The Department of Athletics, as a partner in the mission of SUNY Sullivan, provides an effective learning experience for student-athletes through competitive NJCAA Division I, II & Ill Athletics. We are committed to cultivating an environment of excellence that fosters personal growth, leadership development. responsible citizenship, and teamwork. The department promotes pride, loyalty and unity within the SUNY Sullivan community and creates opportunities for life-long relationships.
The Head Coach/Coordinator of the E-sports Team/Program is responsible for the overall operation of our nationally known program and state-of-the-art E-sports Arena. This person will also assist with student retention and the operation and administration of the Department of Athletics.
This position reports to the Director of Athletics and works hours as assigned by the Director of Athletics and as needed to meet athletic programming and department schedule requirements. Weekend and evening hours are required. An in-season and out-of-season work schedule will be created as per the needs of the program and department. The position is classified as Academic Support Staff and the incumbent is a represented member of the Professional Staff Association.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Gaming or Design or related field is required.
- At least (2) years’ experience coaching/overseeing an E-sports or competitive gaming program and administration, preferably on the collegiate level, is required.
- Proficiency using MS Office software.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, athletes, staff, faculty, alumni, administrators and parents.
- Ability to inspire achievement and leadership among students, athletes and staff.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and coordinate the planning, organizing, and coaching of the SUNY Sullivan E-sports Team & Program. Coordinate all related duties to include recruitment of players, team practice and match management.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the SUNY Sullivan E-sports Program to ensure compliance with College, NJCAA, Region XV and Mid-Hudson Conference policies and regulations.
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and gaming development of student/athletes at SUNY Sullivan.
- Counsel team members in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters; consult with College administration and faculty for resolution of problems as required.
- Determine fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures
- of budgeted funds.
- Study, evaluate and implement innovations in E-sports strategy and equipment.
- Represent SUNY Sullivan Department of Athletics in professional, civic, charity and alumni events.
- Assist in the implementation and management of a summer E-sports camp program.
- Function as a coordinating liaison with the employees of the Admissions Office, Dormitory Corporation, Learning Center, Financial Aid Office and other offices on campus to facilitate each student-athlete transition to college life.
- Assist the Athletic Director in the implementation of an academic monitoring program for all student-athletes and provide supervision of mandatory study hall when necessary.
Operations and Administration
- Oversee E-Sports Arena
- Advertise and recruit 15-30 student-athletes yearly
- Represent, as assigned by the Athletic Director and in consultation with the Public Relations Office, the College’s sports programs to the media and at public functions in accordance with College policy regarding contacting members of the media.
- Participate when needed in the fundraising ventures of the department including, but not limited to, the operations of The General Store and The Generals’ Booster Club.
- Assist in the supervision of the work-study program of the E-sports Arena.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Athletic Director and/or the Dean of Student Development Services.
- Follow NJCAA and/or SUNY guidelines for teams to compete in NJCAA and/or SUNY-sponsored events.
SUNY Sullivan is a principal employer in the Catskill region that seeks to invest in its employees by insuring a well rounded work/life balance for its employees. Employee benefits, sometimes called fringe benefits, are indirect forms of compensation provided to our employees as part of furthering the employment relationship. We do more than offer a “fair day’s pay.” In addition to a comprehensive salary, generous insurance benefit programs and broad benefit time policies are available.
As a benefit of being a union member of the Professional Staff Association, the incumbent will be granted a generous annual PTO: 25 vacation days, 14 sick days, and 5 personal days. In addition to statutory considerations, the incumbent will also be eligible to participate in the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- Health Insurance Buyback if the incumbent has other health insurance coverage,
- Participation in the NYS retirement system,
- Supplemental retirement annuities,
- College-sponsored life and accidental death insurance equivalent to the employee’s annual salary,
- College-sponsored Long-term disability coverage,
- Optional short-term disability, cancer or accident insurance,
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan -flexible spending for medical and dependent care,
- Access to credit unions,
- Access to onsite Daycare,
- Wellness Program & access to the cardio & weight rooms in the Field House,
- Community Garden on campus,
- And morel
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, and the review of resumes will be ongoing. The salary range for this position is dictated by the PSA salary schedule, starting at $38,000 to $40,533. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
American with Disability Act Requirements
External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.
SUNY Sullivan is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform other job-related instructions given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.