SUNY Sullivan is seeking a qualified part-time instructor to teach the NYS approved Certified Nursing Assistant (CAN) curriculum that requires 120 hours of instruction and clinical hours combined, and 12 hours of remediation instruction. The class meets three days a week during daytime hours with most days ending by 3:00 pm. The rate of pay is $35/hr.
The instructional hours may be completed on campus or at an off site location. The clinical component will be taught off campus at approved sites in Sullivan County. The class size maximum is 8 students.
- Documentation that verifies current New York State Professional Nurse Registration and
- Documentation that verifies two years of experience caring for the elderly and/or chronically ill
- Documentation that verifies: (only one type is needed of the four listed below)
- certification to teach Nurse Aide or Practical Nursing or
- two years of experience teaching nurse aides in a residential healthcare facility or
- three years of experience teaching nursing or nursing-related programs to adults in an academic setting approved by the Commissioner of Education or
- completion of the State approved “Train the Trainer” program
Course Description: This course prepares students to provide basic patient care under the supervision of a licensed nurse. Upon successful completion, students are eligible to take the state exam to be certified as a Nursing Assistant (CNA). Employment opportunities for CNAs primarily include hospitals, home care and long-term care facilities.
- To teach the CNA curriculum as approved by NYSED.
- To teach the classroom and lab components, as well as supervise the clinical component of the program.
- Provide instruction, assessment and mentoring to students.
- Provide remediation to students, if needed, before and after the exam, if students need to retake the certification exam.
COVID-19 Vaccination is required
A review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately in anticipation of a Fall 2022 appointment. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, and contact information for 3 professional references.
For more information, please visit our website at:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and the review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, CV, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.