SUNY Sullivan seeks to employ a part-time Disability Resource Coach. The position will help expand the support services provided to students by helping with transition to college support, accommodation determination and services, teaching students how to utilize technology, providing academic support and study strategies, student outreach and communication of services to improve the retention rate of students with disabilities.
This position reports to the Director of Learning and Student Development Services. This is a part-time grant position; the Disability Resource Coach position works 25 hours a week for 36 weeks a year, and is off during the summers.
- College background required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ease in using and learning new technology required, experience in utilizing assistive technology preferred
- Ability to work with a diverse student population, at many skill levels, in a friendly and supportive way
- Experience in working with individuals with disabling conditions, knowledge of determining accommodations preferred
- Good record-keeping and time management skills required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate workshops each semester designed to improve transition to college, new student information sessions on disability services and on assistive technology offered to students with disabilities (Glean, Brightspace, Learning Ally, etc.)
- Conduct outreach to students with disabilities and assist with intake interviews and accommodation decisions.
- Provide independent training sessions with students on how to best utilize assistive technology. Meets with students to provide academic, study strategy support, access accommodation needs and provide accommodations and workshops on utilizing assistive technology.
- Assist in updating website information on disability resources and assistive technology marketing material created to increase outreach and accessibility for students.
- Assist in providing support and resources to promote student success to the college community. Support accessibility and assistive technology training for faculty and staff.
- Support students using technology for testing accommodations and assist with proctoring.
- Data collection, analysis, and report writing.
*COVID-19 vaccination is required*
The hourly rate for this position is $22.91 per hour working a maximum of 25 hours per week. The review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately.
Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, resume, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at:
American with Disability Act Requirements: External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform other job-related instructions given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.