The Instructional Designer will be responsible for providing assistance to faculty in the development of instructional materials necessary to support online learning and project-based learning.
This person will work collaboratively with faculty/subject matter experts to assist in the development of various multimedia elements, including audio, video, and graphic/animated components in support of implementing online learning and project-based learning.
The Instructional Designer will participate in the design and development of online master courses; provide instructional design support and guidance to subject matter experts (SMEs) in the creation of online course content, including learning outcomes; and work collaboratively with other development team members in the production of online courses and associated materials.
The Instructional Designer reports to the Coordinator of Instructional Design and Online Learning. This position is a member of the Professional Staff Association.
- Master’s degree preferred in Educational Technology, Instructional Technology/Design, Information Systems or other related fields.
- Ability to understand and apply the OSCQR rubric used by the college
- Ability to write documentation and user guides for all academic applications for faculty and students, and ability to work and communicate effectively with faculty/students/staff.’
- Demonstrate broad familiarity with the software and electronic resources required by faculty and students at academic institutions
- Possess and understanding of PC communication protocols.
- Possesses personal computer skills and an understanding of commonly used software packages and emulation packages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace, multimedia software packages (SoftChalk), digital video editing/ video streaming, and other production tools.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with subject matter experts to develop courses and master courses for SCCC campus.
- Update and organize assigned course shells in the learning management system before the start dates of each term.
- Develop e-training material for potential online instructors.
- Deliver and evaluate online instructor training.
- Work with faculty and library staff to identify and organize appropriate open educational resources.
- Works collaboratively with faculty to develop multimedia elements (including audio, video, and graphic/animated components) to support online learning development efforts.
- Produces learning and training materials in a variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, animation and multimedia to support teaching, and learning,
- Apply best practices and knowledge of instructional design and adult learning theory to the strategy, design, and delivery of online and on campus programs.
- Regularly maintain and update online course content based on feedback from students, faculty, program surveys, and other functional areas.
- Utilize multimedia technology and authoring tools to develop interactive and engaging online and on campus programs.
- Develop and establish solid working relationships with faculty and coordinate and facilitate sessions and workshops for course development.
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely when needed and demonstrates ability to collaborate successfully with remote staff and faculty.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and the review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, CV, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.