SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill a position in its Institutional Research office. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research, the Institutional Research Assistant provides support for the data collection, analysis, reporting and maintenance of data and records in the Office of Institutional Research. The College classifies the position as Academic Support Staff and the incumbent is a member of the Professional Staff Association (PSA).
- Background or education in Data Science, Database Management, Data Analysis or a related field; Associate’s degree preferred.
- Understanding of contemporary methods of data management and analysis and experience with large data sets and extraction tools.
- Knowledge of quantitative data analysis and reporting techniques.
- Working knowledge of database systems and data management (e.g., SQL(preferred) or MS Access) and experience with large Relational databases (Preferred).
- Experience with data visualization reporting tools, with a preference for Tableau
- Ability to help analyze and interpret data and reports and explain them to an audience with less knowledge of the data.
- High level of proficiency with Excel including advanced features (e.g., pivot tables, lookup formulas, graphics);
- Evidence of attention to detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help facilitate college-wide surveys, including item creation, analysis, and reporting for individual areas
- Lead the processing and distribution of the Student Evaluation of Educational Quality (SEEQ)
- Aid in Tableau reporting design and development, as well as assist in maintaining existing Tableau reports
- Assist the Director of Institutional Research to develop and execute reports and conduct data analyses, including required external reporting (Federal, State, SUNY, and other external entities) and ad hoc internal reports for staff, faculty, and leadership
- Support all institutional data collection, storage, analysis, and reporting
- Develop, support, and execute database querying (SQL, Access)
- Assist in providing data support on an as-needed basis for any assessment-related activities or systems
- Extract, collect, analyze, and summarize institutional data using a variety of data sources and tools
- Assist and support periodic reporting and data needs related to accreditation
- Perform data entry to update existing reports and/or develop new reports provided through the Office of Institutional Research
- Proofread and edit spreadsheets and reports generated by the Office of Institutional Research.
- Maintain the confidentiality of personal information in accordance with college policy.
- Perform related work as assigned.
SUNY Sullivan is a principal employer in the Catskill region that seeks to invest in its employees by insuring a well-rounded work/life balance for its employees. Employee benefits, sometimes called fringe benefits, are indirect forms of compensation provided to our employees as part of furthering the employment relationship. We do more than offer a “fair day’s pay.” In addition to a comprehensive salary, generous insurance benefit programs and broad benefit time policies are available.
As a benefit of being a union member of the Professional Staff Association, the incumbent will be granted a generous annual PTO: 25 vacation days, 14 sick days, and 5 personal days. In addition to statutory considerations, the incumbent will also be eligible to participate in the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- Health Insurance Buyback if the incumbent has other health insurance coverage,
- Participation in the NYS retirement system,
- Supplemental retirement annuities,
- College-sponsored life and accidental death insurance equivalent to the employee’s annual salary,
- College-sponsored Long-term disability coverage,
- Optional short-term disability, cancer or accident insurance,
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan – flexible spending for medical and dependent care,
- Access to credit unions,
- Access to onsite Daycare,
- Wellness Program & access to the cardio & weight rooms in the Field House,
- Community Garden on campus,
- And more!
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, and the review of resumes will be ongoing. The salary range for this position is dictated by the PSA salary schedule, starting at $50,255 to $52,574. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System link. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references.
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal-opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
American with Disability Act Requirements: External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case-by-case basis.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform other job-related instructions given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.