SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the full-time, tenure-track position of Computer Science and Information Technology Faculty in the division of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Health Sciences. Faculty members are expected to participate in curriculum development and review and serve on college-wide committees. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a commitment to the community college philosophy and are willing to work in a collegial setting. Experience teaching and the ability to interact with a diverse student and staff population is required for all faculty positions.
SUNY Sullivan faculty have the primary responsibility of teaching and assessing student learning. Faculty duties include teaching, advising, working toward continuous improvement to pedagogy and discipline-specific content, service to the College through shared governance, and sharing one’s expertise in Sullivan County. This position reports to the Dean of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Health Sciences. The incumbent is a member of the Professional Staff Association.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems & Technology or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning preferred; or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems and 6 years or more experience in the field.
- Professional experience in Computer Science & Computer Information Systems or related fields is highly desirable.
- Teaching experience, preferably in the community college setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary for working with diverse groups of people with varying backgrounds and learning styles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to and effectively learn new technologies (learning management systems, online tools, simulated lab environments, etc.).
- Familiarity with a breadth and depth of technologies, as applied to specific classes
SOME COURSES THAT MAY BE TAUGHT ARE:
- Logic and Problem Solving (C++)
- Scripting (Introductory Python)
- Networking Essentials (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Network Pro Certification)
- Computer Hardware and Software (Architecture and Assembly Programming Skills, PC Pro Certification)
- Introduction to Computer Science (Number Systems, Digital Logic, Basic Circuits)
- Mobile Applications Programming (Android)
- HTML (HTML5,CSS3)
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, in anticipation of a Spring 2022 semester appointment, we encourage candidates to submit all required materials immediately. Salary will vary depending upon rank and based on a 30-week academic teaching schedule. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, and contact information for 3 professional references.
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at: https://sunysullivan.edu/suny-sullivan-careers/
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.