SUNY Sullivan seeks to employ a part-time Career Coach. The Career Coach will assist in identifying opportunities for specialized career services and job readiness training for students in Career and Technical Education programs. The objective is to assist CTE students and community members to identify clear and relevant career pathways that provide a direct link between education/workforce development opportunities and industry needs as reflected in career opportunities.
This position reports to the Career Placement and Transfer Advisor in the Center for Student Learning and Development Services. This is a part-time grant position.
- Associate’s Degree
- Bi-lingual, ability to communicate both orally and in writing in English and Spanish a plus
- Passion to improve the academic, economic, and career outcomes of the population served
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with students, faith-based groups, community partners and other community-based organization to identify and create a network to enable and support career services training.
- Assist with career assessments using NYS Department of Labor career assessments tools.
- Instruct and coach students on using the Career Coach platform for career exploration
- Coach students on different career opportunities based on the guided pathway they are interested in pursuing.
- Conduct outreach activities to connect targeted populations with career and education services.
- Assist in developing materials to support effective student and community outreach.
- Conduct workshops on career exploration, job readiness skills, resume writing, job searching techniques, how to interview, and other soft skills training.
- Collect student usage and participation data as outline in the Perkins grant
- Write report discussing how the grant objectives and goals were addressed and accomplished.
- Participate in training, staff meetings, and professional development provided by the Department of Learning and Student Development Services, One Stop and SUNY Sullivan.
- Perform other reasonable and appropriate duties as might be assigned.
*COVID-19 vaccination is required*
The hourly rate for this position is $22.91 per hour working a maximum of 25 hours per week. The review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, resume, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at:
American with Disability Act Requirements: External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform other job-related instructions given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.