The Administrative Associate to the Dean of Student Development Services provides office management, administrative services, and support to the Student Development Services unit. She/he works in a strictly confidential relationship with senior management. S/he will also provide assistance to college officials who manage the compliance requirements related to Federal regulations. This position reports to the Dean of Student Development Services. It is classified as a Management Confidential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or office management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of clerical/administrative experience in office management, business management, project management or related field working for a senior administrative officer
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to interact well with people at all levels, skilled in conflict resolution.
- Proficiency in various software packages including Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google mail, Dropbox, Internet search, and Jenzabar EX.
- Ability to manage complex projects.
- Bilingual, a plus.
- Experience in an educational setting is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as liaison with administrative and academic officers at the college, as well as faculty, staff, students and community members.
- Coordinates telephone and mail inquires for the Dean of Student development Services, determines the nature of the inquiry and refers to appropriate person or office for action.
- Manages calendar and schedules meetings, engagements and coordinates travel arrangements including cash advances, travel vouchers, and room reservations for the Dean of Student Development Services.
- Coordinate activities across the unit functions by acting as liaison with unit staff, answering questions, exchanging information, providing assistance and advice, and clarifying policies and procedures.
- Schedules meetings and/or conferences and if required, briefs appropriate staff on subject matter before meetings.
- Manages departmental files and inventory of supplies and equipment, and order office supplies as necessary.
- Clarifies and interprets policies and procedures and assures policies and procedures are available for and sent to affected individuals and programs.
- Collects all information used as a basis for reports and memoranda, prepare summaries and reports of various phases of the college’s programs.
- Prepares sophisticated computations through the design of reports, databases and charts to summarize statistical data for the college.
- Prepares confidential correspondence, letters, memoranda, reports, and other materials for the Dean of Student Development Services.
- Prepares documents for student conduct cases and maintains student conduct records.
- Prepares and maintains confidential records on divisional, professional and classified personnel and students.
- Updates and supervises publication of policy and materials produced by the Dean of Student Development Services.
Works with college administrators and staff responsible for compliance programs to:
- Stay up-to-date with current regulations, and assist to inform staff of changes to relevant rules and guidelines set by governments and other regulatory bodies. Examples of such laws and regulations include: Title IX, Violence Against Women Act of 2013, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Discrimination Act of 1975, the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Monitor implementation, periodically reviews compliance related practices to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Maintain all records required to certify compliance.
- Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Maintain an effective compliance communication program for the organization.
- Works with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program.
Development of the Office of Student Development Services
- Participates in developing unit goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assists to establish unit measurements that support the accomplishment of the college’s strategic goals.
- Assists in preparing and administering the annual budget.
- Reviews and recommends work methods and procedures to improve unit efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as necessary and to represent the unit, as requested.
- Maintains and updates unit information on the Jenzabar system.
- Assists in the development and updating of the unit sections of the Web site.
- Performs other reasonable duties as might be assigned by the Dean of Student Development Services, the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs or the President.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.