SUNY Sullivan part-time faculty within the Division of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Health Sciences is responsible for teaching and assessing student learning. Primary responsibilities include teaching courses within the Sports Management and Physical Education program. Courses include but are not limited to Health Sciences Applies to Coaching, Therapeutic Recreation, and Advanced First Aid & CPR. This position will report to the Dean of Liberal Arts, Sciences, and Health Sciences.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- To teach the required curriculum as presented to Faculty Council
- Provide instruction, assessment and mentor students
- Hold required office hours
- Work with the Associate Dean of Assessment and Instruction to create a course syllabus
- Process attendance and grades per college policies and procedures
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Extremely creative and inventive.
- Ability to compile, analyze, and communicate data.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Preferred Skills / Abilities:
- Experience teaching in a community college
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
- Demonstrated professionalism, positive work ethic, and positive attitude, reflecting integrity and empathy in working with students.
- Demonstrated capacity to engage in productive collaborative work with a range of colleagues.
- Ability to adapt to and effectively learn new technologies (learning management systems, online tools, simulated lab environments, etc.)
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in a subject area or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- New York State Licensure or certification (if required)
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; the review of resumes will be on-going. Salary is determined by a candidate’s rank at SUNY Sullivan, based on experience, education, and contact hours. The full salary range is $655 per contact hour to $740 per contact hour. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, and the contact information including emails for 3 professional references.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.