Activities Galore for Labor Day WeekendShare on Twitter!
- The Student Activities Office has tons of movies on DVD you are welcome to borrow – reach out to Frank at (845) 434-5750 x4397, or email@example.com to browse the collection.
- The Sullivan County Museum in Hurleyville, within walking distance of the college at 265 Main Street, is open on Saturday from 10am – 4pm and Sunday from 1pm – 4pm; there is only a suggested donation to enter. Also in Hurleyville: a bakery, a pub, and a wonderful Italian restaurant.
- Student Activities has a free bus to New Paltz on Sunday. The bus leaves from the Field House at 11am returning at 6pm. New Paltz has everything a college student could ever want – you are encouraged to go – meet me at the bus.
- The Student Union will be open all weekend, including Monday, from 9am -11pm; and the Field House will be open Saturday from 12pm – 7pm, Sunday from 2pm – 10pm , and Monday 4pm – 10pm.
- Behind Panda Parlor (3 miles down Rt. 52 into Liberty on the left, where the car show is) there will be a Flea Market from 10am – 4pm on Sunday.
- In the Town of Bethel (about a 10 mile drive from the college, on Rte 17B) you may visit the Bethel Woods Cultural Arts Center which was the site of the Original 1969 Woodstock Music Festival – this is a must see for musicians.
- This weekend is wonderful opportunity for you to complete current and future class assignments as well – don’t forget why you are ultimately here, and it is never too soon to begin work on future projects….to that end, the Library will be open from 12pm – 5pm on Sunday, and the lower G building Computer Lab will be open on Saturday and Sunday from 12pm – 11pm.
- The Galleria Shopping Mall in Middletown (Rt 17E to exit 120E; about 30 miles from the college) features a movie theater, and a food court; also around the mall you will find a Red Lobster, an Olive Garden, and other shopping centers.
- Woodbury Commons (Rt 17E to exit 131; about 60 miles from the college) features name brand discount outlet stores.
- The City of Binghamton is 90 miles west of the college off Rt. 17 – this is a fun day, or overnight trip. The City of Albany, our State Capitol is about 90 miles northeast (Rt 17E to I-87N) and also makes a fun day, or overnight trip.
Congratulations students on getting through week one, and have a healthy, happy Labor Day Weekend!