The Administrative Assistant AAS degree program at Sullivan is a broad-based career program providing students with a background in office administration. It combines computer applications with managerial, communication, and human relation skills. This program emphasizes simulated office experiences and “real world” job skills such as problem solving and critical thinking.
The program is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
After successfully completing the requirements of the Administrative Assistant (AAS), a student should be prepared to:
- Demonstrate the ability to use technology to perform standard office functions.
- Utilize research and communication skills for the preparation of various business presentations, reports and documents.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of MS Office Applications Software.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically, solve problems, and make decisions independently.
- Use interpersonal skills to function effectively as a team member in evaluating business and office problems.
- Apply various business concepts and theories to business and office activities.