SUNY Sullivan Faculty Advisors choose to advise to connect with students and because of their desire to see them succeed. Students are assigned Faculty Advisors who teach in their programs of study so they can offer quality, comprehensive advisement. All programs are represented by at least one Faculty Advisor with Staff Advisors available to serve as back-up during winter and summer breaks. Advisors support students throughout their careers at SCCC by providing guidance on course selection and career choices, and referring to appropriate resources as needed.
All new incoming full-time and part-time students are advised and registered with a Staff Advisor in the Learning Center after they are admitted to SUNY Sullivan. Students are given an Advisor in their field of study. Students must work collaboratively with their Advisor:
- Review your program of study (aka Track Sheet) every semester. Track sheets are available on the college website. Note: Track sheets change, students must follow the track they start with unless advised otherwise.
- Prepare questions about your program, career and/or transfer plans, etc. before meeting with your advisor.
- If you are a transfer student, make sure your credits transfer in (for information about transcript evaluations contact Anne Marchal at 845-434-5750, ext. 4302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to change your major discuss this with your advisor before you register for classes. You must also submit a Change of Curriculum form to the Learning Center.
- Always consult with your Faculty Advisor before making changes to your schedule to avoid jeopardizing all or some of your Financial Aid. There are a lot of rules that apply to Federal and State Aid that you may not be aware of and your Advisor can help!
Students can visit My SUNY Sullivan for the following: current schedule, course history that includes grades, 3rd, & 5th week progress reports, midterm grades, final grades, and financial information. MY SUNY Sullivan is also where students can drop and add classes and determine what classes they need.
*During Winter/Summer breaks the Learning Center assists with advising registration for all new and continuing students. Below is a list of Learning Center staff advisors:
*Registration for continuing and new students begins in April and November.
Staff Advisors located in the Learning Center:
|Tammy Porteremail@example.com||Coordinator of First Year Experience and Academic Advisor|
|Chris Kubisfirstname.lastname@example.org||Counselor/Academic Advisor|
|Christina Buckleremail@example.com||Academic and Person Success Advocate|
|Lynn Leibowitz-Whiteheadfirstname.lastname@example.org||Counselor ADA|
|Klu Paduemail@example.com||Career Development & Transfer Advisor|