Posted on January 25, 2022.
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Associate Dean, Assessment and Instruction. The Associate Dean is primarily responsible for supporting the Division Dean and faculty in ensuring Institutional Learning Outcomes are assessed, along with program and course assessments. This includes programs in both the LA, Sciences, and Health Sciences division as well as supporting the Catskill Hospitality Institute. Other responsibilities include reviewing/approving course outlines and working with part-time faculty to ensure they are informed and supported.
This is a 12-month Management Confidential position.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Five years as a full-time faculty or administrative experience, preferably at the community college level.
- A commitment to a student-centered learning environment and to the comprehensive community college mission.
- Commitment to a diverse and inclusive teaching/learning environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within the assigned departments, the Associate Dean will:
- Supervise full-time faculty to maintain high standards of faculty performance, ability, and morale by means of:
- objective evaluations of faculty performance and recommendations for annual appointments, conversions of term to tenure, promotion, and tenure (this will include forming tenure committees);
- coordinating classroom observations;
- promotion and administration of professional development efforts of departments and individual faculty members;
- In collaboration with faculty, coordinate program reviews. This includes identifying areas in academic programs needing review, assisting faculty with data collection, and completing curriculum paperwork in preparation of proposals to Departments, Curriculum Committee, and Faculty Council.
- Collaborate with the Institutional Assessment Committee (IAS) on the scheduling of Course Assessments, collecting and reviewing completed forms, and ensuring follow up on the process of “closing the loop.”
- Work with the Dean and Vice President in the development of policies to be recommended to the President.
- Plan for and provide staffing recommendations.
- Provide recommendations related to resource allocations for facilities, equipment and technologies that support instructional programs.
- Plan for the future direction of the assigned departments.
- Review new courses and curricula to ensure we are meeting students’ and our local workforce’s needs, and make recommendations for discontinuing courses and curricula as necessary.
- Keep abreast of relevant emerging services, methodologies, and technologies.
- Provide input in preparing timely, accurate, and comprehensive data required for state, federal, and other reports.
- Coordinate with the Learning Center to provide departmental academic advising.
- Review/approve course outlines.
- Review requests for credit for Prior Learning/Work-experience to submit to Dean and VP for approval.
- Hold regular meetings with part-time faculty to ensure they are informed and supported.
- Serve as a member of MAC as well as participate in contract negotiations
- Other duties as assigned by the VP of Academic & Student Affairs and the Division Dean.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- Health Insurance Buyback if the incumbent has other health insurance coverage,
- Participation in the NYS retirement system,
- Supplemental retirement annuities,
- 24 Vacation days annually
- 18 Sick days annually
- 6 Personal days annually
- College-sponsored life and accidental death insurance equivalent to the employee’s annual salary,
- College-sponsored Long-term disability coverage,
- Optional short-term disability, cancer or accident insurances,
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan – flexible spending for medical and dependent care,
- Access to credit unions,
- Access to onsite Daycare,
- Wellness Program & access to the cardio & weight rooms in the Field House,
- Community Garden on campus,
- And more!
*COVID-19 Vaccination is required*
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The hiring range for this position is $70,000 to $73,000 per year. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, CV, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
For more information, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
American with Disability Act Requirements: External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.
SUNY Sullivan is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform other job-related instructions given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.