This Associate in Applied Science degree program offers a group of related business courses which give the student a broad background in and a clear understanding of marketing and its function in business and society. This program shares a number of courses in common with other business programs. Graduates who complete this course of study should find employment in a wide variety of marketing occupations.
SCCC faculty are business professionals, many holding MBA degrees. A National Teaching Excellence Award winner is on staff. This program is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Graduation Requirements (60-62 credits)
After successfully completing the requirements of the Business Administration Marketing (AAS), a student should be prepared to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of marketing principles and strategies.
- Utilize research and communication skills for the preparation of various business and marketing presentations, reports and marketing documents.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically, solve problems, and make decisions independently.
- Use interpersonal skills to function effectively as a team member in evaluating business and marketing problems.
- Apply various business concepts and theories to business and marketing activities.
- Integrate the use of computers in a variety of business and marketing activities.