The AS Business Administration program provides a two-year program that transfers with a minimal loss of credit. Students learn how to use popular, commercial software packages. The faculty are business professionals, many holding MBA degrees. A National Teaching Excellence Award winner is also on staff. This program is nationally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
After successfully completing the requirements of the Business Administration (AS), a student should be prepared to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of management theories as they apply to a variety of functions within a business organization.
- Utilize research and communication skills for the preparation of various business presentations, reports and documents.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically, solve problems, and make decisions independently.
- Use interpersonal skills to function effectively as a team member in evaluating business problems.
- Apply various business concepts and theories to business activities.
- Integrate the use of computers in a variety of business activities.
- Transfer to an articulated four-year institution without loss of credit.