SUNY Sullivan invites your application to its Honors Program. The SUNY Sullivan Honors Program is designed to give talented and motivated students the opportunity to maximize their collegiate success in an enriched academic environment at the College. We welcome all applications. However, enrollment in the Program is limited; therefore, once applications are received, invitations for prospective students to join the Program will be based on a series of criteria. Evidence of the following requirements should be included in the application:
- Strong academic performance as demonstrated by GPA, class rank, and scores on the Regents, SATs, and/or ACTs.
- A reference letter from a counselor, teacher, or other mentor with personal knowledge of the applicant’s academic excellence and philanthropic involvement.
- A letter indicating the applicant’s interest in the Honors Program—which will serve as a writing sample—discussing the following areas: the applicant’s leadership positions held in the community, high school, or civic group, the applicant’s estimated contributions to the Program, and any other factors the applicant feels are relevant to the Honors Program Application.
- A SUNY Sullivan application for undergraduate admission.
Honors Program Scholarships
Honors Program scholarships are awarded to students accepted into the Program according to the following designations:
- Early Admission (high school) students: $500 per semester for a total of $1000 per year
- International Students: $700 per semester for a total of $1400 per year
- Any student who graduates from a Sullivan County high school in the top 10% or his or her class: the cost of tuition and fees, less TAP, PELL, and any other SUNY Sullivan scholarships for the Fall and Spring semesters (minimum of $500).
- All other students: a minimum of $500 per semester over and above PELL, TAP and any other SUNY Sullivan scholarships and a maximum of $1400 per semester over and above PELL, TAP and any other SUNY Sullivan scholarships.
The Honors Program scholarships are renewable based on a SUNY Sullivan GPA of 3.25 (Dean’s List) and continued involvement with the Program. Honors Program Scholarships will be awarded for a maximum of four semesters.
Statement of Non-discrimination
SUNY Sullivan hereby re-affirms that the College does not discriminate in the recruitment, enrollment, or treatment of students or employees based on race, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability, or status as a disabled veteran.
The College actively seeks to implement Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1963, the Age Discrimination Act or 1975, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 and other human rights and equal opportunity laws.
Admissions Office, SUNY Sullivan
112 College Rd.
Loch Sheldrake, NY 12759