How do I transfer?

Transfer Students

A student is classified as a transfer student if he/she has previously registered at any other regionally accredited college or university, regardless of the amount of time spent in attendance or credit earned.  All transcripts containing courses eligible for transfer college credit* must be received by the Admission’s Office. The Director of Registration Services reviews course descriptions (at times students may be asked to provide a course outline) for possible transfer credits. It is important for students to have college transcripts submitted as early as possible to allow evaluations to be completed before registration. Transcripts may be either sent directly to SUNY Sullivan from the issuing institution or be hand-delivered in a envelope sealed by the issuing institution.

A minimum of 25% of the program or certificate credit must be earned at SUNY Sullivan in order to graduate from SUNY Sullivan.

Transfer credits may be accepted from degree-granting institutions that are fully accredited at the collegiate level by their appropriate regional accrediting agency.* Courses from non-regionally accredited institutions may also be transferred on a case by case basis.  Students with college credits from colleges outside the U.S. must have a course-by-course commercial evaluation from an accredited company (listed online at

Students wishing to cross-register with another SUNY college or university must use this link.

Criteria courses must meet in order to transfer:

Reasons why a course will not transfer:

* Transcripts containing courses eligible for transfer college credit may come from an accredited college or university, BOCES, CLEP, AP (Advanced Placement), other institutions with which we have an articulation agreement.