Each student in need of special services such as an accommodation for a disability MUST self-identify to the Dept. of Learning and Student Development in order to determine eligibility to receive special services and accommodations. Student will be required to supply the college with the appropriate documentation. Students must request accommodations each semester they are enrolled.
The college’s facilities are accessible to students with disabilities. SUNY Sullivan does not discriminate on the basis of handicaps in its admissions, educational programs and activities in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Information about a student’s disability is confidential and is released only with a student’s written consent.
Guidelines and procedures for incoming students seeking accommodations
- You must identify yourself to the Dept. of Learning and Student Development.
- You must provide documentation of your disability indicating need for a ccommodations.
- Acceptable documentation includes diagnostic information, a description of current functioning, how the disability impacts the individual in a post-secondary setting, and any recommended accommodations.
- Documentation must come from a professional qualified in the field of the particular disability.
- Documentation must be substantial enough to support the accommodations being considered.
- All accommodations are made on an individual, case-by-case basis after review of documentation, consideration of program, and consultation with student.
Requirements that are essential to a program or to licensure or certification are not modified or waived. Modifications are not required when they would fundamentally alter the essential elements of a program or course of study, or pose a direct threat to the health or safety of others.
Sometimes special assistance from others is needed in an emergency. Each person should evaluate their individual situation and inform emergency personnel of any assistance that might be needed in the event of an emergency.
In order to begin the process, you are welcome to access the following referral for service form. Please print and mail to the address provided on the form or bring it with you when you come for your advising or placement testing appointment.
Tutoring also is available, free of charge, to all students. Appointments are encouraged. For more information contact Eileen Howell at ext. 4328 or visit the following websites:
To help us schedule your alternate testing location, feel free to complete our online form. Click this link: Separate Location Testing (you will need to login with your sullimail account)