SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Coordinator of Network Services. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Technology, the Coordinator of Network Services is the campus resource for the network hardware and software. As a member of the institutional technology team, the incumbent also assists the college community by providing technical assistance, researching new technology, and facilitating compliance with technology policies.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field with at least one year of network support experience or an Associate’s degree with three years of network support experience.
- The ability to effectively provide technology assistance to staff and students possessing varying degrees of computer experience and skills.
- Experience planning, implementing, verifying, and troubleshooting network and security infrastructure including but not limited to LAN (local area network), WAN (Wide area Network), routing, switching, firewalls, site to site VPNs, client VPNs, Wireless networking, VOIP/Voice, VLANs, IP surveillance cameras.
- Experience administrating Windows servers and Active Directory and knowledge of Federated Services/Identity Management, VMware ESX/vSphere, MS SQL, MySQL, Apache, SAN technologies Cisco Meraki infrastructure. A good working knowledge of Windows Server OS, Linux Server OS, Linux shell scripting and Windows powershell is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain server availability, performance, software & hardware installations, upgrades, data backup & recovery, account management, security management, troubleshooting, etc …
- Installs, supports, and maintains servers and the wireless service on campus including responsibility for inventory control, security and firewalls, software licensing compliance, computer back-up and documentation.
- Researches and recommends hardware and software options for purchasing including ordering and delivery information.
- Serves as liaison to vendors and end users.
- Oversees identity management and authentication for the network.
- Provides introductory training in hardware and software operation to faculty and staff.
- Plans for and implements new technologies.
- Coordinates with SUNY and other organizations for institutional technology services.
- Assists in the technical aspects of technology based teaching and learning initiatives such as smart classrooms.
- Provides input to the Director in connection with the campus technology budget and strategic planning for upgrading technology across campus.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- Health Insurance Buyback if the incumbent has other health insurance coverage,
- Generous annual PTO: 25 vacation days, 14 sick days, and 5 personal days.
- Participation in the NYS retirement system,
- Supplemental retirement annuities,
- College-sponsored life and accidental death insurance equivalent to the employee’s annual salary,
- College-sponsored Long-term disability coverage,
- Optional short-term disability, cancer or accident insurances,
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan – flexible spending for medical and dependent care,
- Access to credit unions,
- Access to onsite Daycare,
- Wellness Program & access to the cardio & weight rooms in the Field House,
- Community Garden on campus,
- And more!
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; the review of resumes will be on-going. The hiring range for this position is $51,801 to $55,667. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
American with Disability Act Requirements: External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.
SUNY Sullivan is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform other job-related instructions given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
# Posted on March 16, 2022.