Disclaimer: Although most employers and organizations offering jobs and internships are reputable and reliable, SUNY Sullivan does not guarantee the reputation or professional standing of those posting notices. Potential applicants are encouraged and advised to conduct due diligence and research potential employers and internships opportunities presented here and elsewhere.
Job Alert #786 Posted 1.14.20
- Tax Preparer Assistant – assist in getting returns started
- Tax Preparer – If you have knowledge/experience with taxes, you can take the Tax Knowledge Course, pass and become a tax preparer through H&R Block
Job Alert #785 Posted 1.10.20
SUNY Sullivan is seeking a part-time Service Desk Assistant. Ideal for a computer graduate. Duties include:
- Assist students, faculty, and staff in the operation of computer equipment in the classrooms and labs, including: Answer questions and assist with hardware and software support including e-mail, printing, the internet, and Microsoft Office applications. Assist enrolled students in retrieving network account information.
- Monitor the software, hardware, and students, reporting any problems to the appropriate person.
- Provide friendly and helpful customer service as first point of contact between IT and students, faculty and staff.
- Answer service desk telephone and provide support to those seeking walk-in assistance.
- Maintain an atmosphere conducive to academic work in the computer lab.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Addresses and resolves basic incidents and requests, logs all incidents and requests in the service desk software, and escalates incidents and request to other IT staff as appropriate.
- Associates degree in a computer related major
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of personal computers including software support and hardware troubleshooting.
- Effective written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Experience providing technical support to end users is highly desired.
Pay range is $13 – $14.52 per hour. Review of resumes are scheduled to begin immediately in anticipation of a Spring 2020 semester appointment. Tentative start date is Wednesday, January 22, 2020. To apply, email your cover letter, resume and the name, address and telephone number of three (3) professional references to: email@example.com. Mention SUNY Sullivan for immediate consideration.
Job Alert #784 Posted 1.9.20
- Handling various aspects of Public Library finances and accounts.
- Keep the general ledger, A/R and A/P using QuickBooks Prepare payroll, maintain worker’s compensation and disability insurance
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements and year-end forecast for the Board of Trustees
- File, prepare and write all checks for signing
- Assist with preparation of the annual budget
- File the financial section of the Annual Report to the State
- Oversee retirement plan, health, and master insurance policies
- Prepare insurance reports; work with annual auditor
- An Associates Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field
Job Alert #783 Posted 1.6.20
- Monitor programs, services and activities to ensure the safety of the Club members and quality of the programs
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes by promoting and stimulating program participation and providing guidance and role modeling to members
- Maintain Club rules for all Club members and staff. Implement lesson plans, calendars and curriculum for a diverse Boys & Girls Club program, including the implementation of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America programming in each of the 5 core program areas at least once a week
- Participate in regular program staff meetings and the development or implementation of special events, initiatives, etc.
- Attend staff development trainings as necessary (15 hours annually)
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with parents and families of Club members
- Experience volunteering/working for a nonprofit or youth development agency preferred.
- Ability to establish a positive relationship with a diverse population of youth ages 5 to 18
- Knowledge of youth development.
- Ability to organize and supervise children in a safe environment
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Knowledge of NYS School Age Child Care (SACC) license regulations, requirements, and ensuring their implementation and maintenance in program.
Part-time hours are 2:30 or 3 pm. – 6 pm. Monday thru Friday. To apply call 845-342-8833 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention SUNY Sullivan for immediate consideration.
Job Alert #778 Posted 12.4.19
Created in 2015 as a Governor’s Initiative, the Excelsior Conservation Corps (ECC) is a ten-month residential AmeriCorps program that partners with the NYS Commission on National and Community Services, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) and NYS Oﬃce of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (NYS OPRHP), and the NYS Environmental Facilities Corporation (NYSEFC).
The ECC works on environmental stewardship projects on NYS DEC and NYS OPRHP public lands that result in the protection of natural resources, thus helping to sustain these resources over the long term for the benefit of the New York State community. Based on the needs identified by partners, SCA Excelsior members will serve NY State’s public lands by carrying out such responsibilities as, trail construction and maintenance, invasive species management, campground rehabilitation, historic preservation and restoration, sustainability projects, GIS mapping, culvert assessments, and environmental education programs in campgrounds. In addition to these important duties, the SCA Excelsior Corps places a special emphasis on furthering member education and career development. The program will provide an array of training to help members to develop leadership skills, general job skills, and specific marketable skills that are designed to lead towards a future in conservation or related field.
- Applicants to the Excelsior Corps position can waive the SCA $25 application fee. Once you started your application contact [email protected].
- Full immunization record required for this position
- Location Description
Members will travel to sites across the state to complete needed stewardship projects, lead large scale volunteer projects where camping accommodations will be provided. Corps members will live in a communal environment during their off days and will camp with their crew while traveling throughout the state.
- Training Provided
Training will be provided, including SCA’s Conservation Workskills, CPR and WFA, Community Outreach and Education, Leadership etc. Technical training may include carpentry, OSHA 10, rigging and chainsaw certification
- Other Community Work
All/Most members will be trained in disaster response and will be available for deployment in the event that a disaster occurs in the state of NY.
- Professional Development Opportunities
There will be a strong emphasis on professional development opportunities in the Excelsior Corps. Members will participate in extensive training prior to engaging in service activities. All members will receive one week of program orientation, a one-week Wilderness Advanced First Aid (WAFA) certification course, one week of Work Skills training and one week of Leave No Trace (LNT) training. Members will be trained in disaster response and recovery and will be available for deployment within the state should a disaster occur. Group training will continue throughout the year with a focus on professional development and highly technical training will be provided to meet the needs of individual stewardship teams. Members will engage in regular professional development workshops and will have time to work on personal and professional goals individually and with an Excelsior staff member
- Backpacking some experience
- Camping some experience
- Working with Children some experience
- Work one on one with board-certified physicians assisting with documentation for each patient evaluated by a doctor
- Specialize in medical data entry into a paper or electronic medical record system and in instituting efficient workflow processes
- At the physician’s request, the scribe must be able to locate past medical records, prior lab/radiology results, or past visit histories for the physician to review
- Starting salary is $12 per hour with increases after floor training is completed
- Paid classroom and clinical training
- Flexible schedules
If you are interested in this position, please click on the link to fill out an application. Scribe America- Harris, NY Application or you can contact Tara Bray Wade tara.bray@scribeamerica.