Disclaimer: Although most employers and organizations offering jobs and internships are reputable and reliable. SUNY Sullivan does not guarantee the reputation or professional standing of those posting notices. Potential applicants are encouraged and advised to conduct due diligence and research potential employers and internships opportunities presented here and elsewhere.
Posted: April 23, 2018
Nana’s House Childcare Center Inc. in Rock Hill, NY is seeking full-time and part-time Teacher’s Assistants and Lead Teachers. Willing to work around class schedules if needed. Ideal for Childhood Education, Psychology or Liberal Arts majors. Responsibilities and duties include:
- To work well with assigned teachers, co-teachers, all supervisors, and staff members to implement curriculum aspects to the best of ability and quality while focusing on development and specific guidelines
- Assist and create all lesson planning and activity acquisition while following curriculum
- Supervise and direct children daily in all activities
- Meet, greet, connect, relate, and communicate to all parents on a daily basis
- Maintain all site equipment and supplies provided or brought into the center
- Keep individual trainings and certifications up to date and polished yearly
- Maintain and keep organized all individual child information, files, and program records per classroom
- Minor cleaning essentials throughout each work day and work week
- Diaper changing or potty training
- Moderate lifting and bending throughout each work day
- Frequently active and on feet throughout each work day
- Follow NYS Guidelines for childcare
Qualifications and Skills:
- Credits in Early Childhood or related learning fields of study such as Psychology, Development, or Liberal Arts
- CPR or MAT Certification is always a plus
- Experience working with children is always a plus
Salary: Teacher’s Assistant – $10.50 – $11 per hour. Lead Teacher – $11.50 – $12 per hour.
To apply or for more information, email a resume to: email@example.com or call Jamie or Nikkie at 845.794.3826. Mention SUNY Sullivan for immediate consideration.
Posted: April 23, 2018
Bernie’s Holiday Restaurant in Rock Hill, NY is seeking to fill the following positions:
- Line Cook
- Grill Cook
- Prep Cook
- Saute Cook
- Sous Chefs
Salary is $12-$18 per hour based upon experience. Will train but experience a plus. For more information or to apply contact J. Valines at: firstname.lastname@example.org and mention SUNY Sullivan for immediate consideration.
Posted: April 18, 2018
County of Sullivan is seeking to fill a full-time Entry Level Account Clerk/Database position. Ideal for an accounting or business major. No experience required. Responsibilities include:
- Performance of entry level account clerical, auditing, and bookkeeping functions
- To be eligible for appointment, candidates must demonstrate entry level account clerical/auditing aptitude and competence by successfully participating in an entry level clerical/auditing examination
- Must also qualify on a data entry entry skills performance test
Starting salary is $25,578 per year with benefits.
To apply for this position, send your $10 Exam Fee, application and resume to: Sullivan County Personnel Dept., 100 North St., Monticello, NY; or apply online at: co.sullivan.ny.us
Posted: April 18, 2018
County of Sullivan is hiring for the following Summer Positions:
Position 1. Lifeguard (Lake Superior State Park, Bethel, NY)
- Must have current Waterfront Lifeguard, First Aid & CPR/AED certifications
- Additional duties include cleaning within the park
- Hours include weekends and holidays, May – Labor Day
- Rates begin at $13.25 per hour
Position 2: Assistant Site Manager (Fort Delaware Museum of Colonial History, Narrowsburg, NY)
- Duties include assisting in the planning and directing of programs and operations of the facility
- Minimum One (1) year experience for a facility, organization, or establishment that involves extensive contact with the public
- Must be available to work May through Labor Day
- Rates begin at $13.65 per hour
Apply in person at the Personnel Department, 100 North St., Monticello, NY; or apply online at: co.sullivan.ny.us
Posted: April 17, 2018
UPS in Ferndale, NY is seeking a part-time Package Handler. Individuals will work the Sunrise Shift 5:30 am – 9:00 am. This is a physical, fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and sliding packages that typically weigh 25 – 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. Part-time employees usually work 3 ½ – 4 hours each day and workdays can vary (Monday – Friday) or (Tuesday – Saturday) depending on the building needs. Package Handlers typically do not work on holidays.
Pay Rate: Package Handlers receive a competitive hourly rate and also an attractive benefits package. This opportunity is for part-time only, working approximately 17 1/2 – 20 hours per week.
To apply, click on the link below or copy and paste:
Posted: April 17, 2018
The Home Depot in Monticello, NY is seeking to fill the following positions:
- Delivery Driver
- Customer Service
- Store Support
- Asset Protection Specialist
- Outside Sales Representative
For more information or to apply, click on the link below or copy and paste. During the interview process, be sure to mention SUNY Sullivan for immediate consideration.
Posted: April 17, 2018
Queens Community House in Forest Hills, NY is seeking a part-time temporary Summer Youth Employment Program Aide. Duties include:
- Contact participating worksites and visit site locations to assist in operation of participant placements.
- Assist in collecting all relevant paperwork from worksites and participants such as program applications and enrollment documents.
- Responsible for assisting with data entry into online database system.
- Meet regularly with program staff to ensure coordination and implementation of the program.
- Contact worksites/ internship sites and visit these locations to assist in operation of participant placements.
- Supervise youth participants during placements and coordinate participant trainings.
- Working towards an Associate Degree
- Ability to motivate participants in activities and promote leadership skill development
- Computer savvy and excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual preferred
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com, in the subject line put: “SYEP Program Aide”.
Posted: April 16, 2018
McCline LLC Cleaning Service in Livingston Manor, NY is seeking a Graphic Design student/alumni to assist in building the companies website. Student can work from home or the office two (2) days per week. Pay Rate starts at $11.50 per hour.
To apply, call Lena McCline at 845-313-3316 and mention SUNY Sullivan for immediate consideration.
Posted: April 13, 2018
Steve’s Camp at Horizon Farms in the Catskills is seeking a Chef. At camp, participants recruited from under-served New York City high schools spend twelve days living on a beautiful working farm in the Catskills – free of charge. Campers learn about healthy living and sustainable food systems, and develop leadership and collaboration skills. Duties include:
- Plan and prepare three nutritious meals for approximately 40-50 people each day with the help of campers and staff in compliance with requirements of Summer Food Service Program, including counting meals served (60%)
- Order local food from nearby farms and stores; manage, monitor, and track food inventory (15%)
- Maintain a clean and safe kitchen (10%)
- Manage a Sous Chef time in the kitchen and schedule their time off
- Host a day long “Food Systems Workshop” for campers in which they gain more hands-on cooking practice and help plan and prepare meals for that day for each one of our four sessions (15%)
- Knowledge of pickling, outdoor cooking, and teaching basic knife skills is preferred
- Extensive Culinary experience; and at least 3 years of Institutional cooking experience is preferred
- Experience work with youth strongly desired
- Knowledgeable and passionate about nutrition, food systems, cooking delicious food
- Session 1 July 1-12
- Session 2 July 15-26
- Session 3 July 31 to August 11
- Session 4(August 14 to 25
Salary is $6,000. This is a temporary, residential, full-time position. Housing and food is provided. To apply, send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to: HR@stevescamp.org and mention SUNY Sullivan for immediate consideration.
Sterling National Bank in South Fallsburg, NY is seeking two (2) Client Service Associates (Tellers). Duties include:
- Greet customers and handle teller transactions while modeling the bank’s value
- Expand product knowledge in order to answer clients inquiries and assist the Financial Center in efforts to ensure retention and deepening client relationships and growth of new relationships
- An Associates degree preferred, or working towards one
- Ability to build and expand trusting relationships and partnerships
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Effective Decision Maker
- Results oriented
- Strong service orientation
To apply,click on this link: