Courses aren't just
for a degree
Landscape Sketch Class – No Slots Remaining!
Date: Tuesdays, October 6th & 20th
Location: Zoom invitation for on-line learning
No Slots Remaining
The course is a modified, online version of Zane Grey Plein Air 2020 Workshops. By offering a variety of community art events, Zane Grey Plein Art hopes to provide opportunities in Sullivan County for both beginners and experienced artists and to encourage public engagement in the arts on multiple levels.
Create original artworks based on the study of “Corot’s landscape sketches.” Students will select at least 5 “landscape” images that they have taken with their smartphone before the first session as subject matter with medium- to long-range views. This class will explore various approaches to styles.
Required Art Supplies
- Drawing Pencils: B, 2B, 4B
- Erasers: kneaded and pink gum
- PaperMate Tuff Stuff (medium tip) or Mono Zero by Tombow eraser pen ( fine tip)
- White Pastel or Charcoal pencil (Generals)
- Pencil sharpener: Faber-Castell Grip Trio Sharpener Arts and Crafts, Multi
- Drawing board: masonite w/clip or masking tape; Vencer Artist Sketch Tote Board, Studio or Field Use (13″x 17″)
- Paper: Canson Mi-Teintes, Earth colors, 9 x 12 or, Gray Tones, 9 x 12
- Optional: Sketchbook: Canson 100510927 XL Series Mix Paper Pad, Heavyweight, Fine Texture, Heavy Sizing for Wet and Dry Media, Side Wire Bound, 98 Pound, 9 x 12 Inch, 60 Sheets
SUNY Sullivan presents this series in partnership with Zane Grey Plein Air.
SESSION I: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 6TH & 20TH
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
REGISTER EARLY AS CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED
WATCH FOR SESSION 2 IN NOVEMBER