The Excelsior Scholarship is a “last dollar” award.
Students must first apply for FAFSA and for TAP. The Excelsior Scholarship will then cover the remaining balance of tuition for eligible students. For complete instructions on how to apply for FAFSA and TAP please click here: SUNY Sullivan Financial Aid
Students will need to apply for the Excelsior Scholarship.
The application is available online at https://www.hesc.ny.gov/excelsior/, and must be completed by July 21st!
The Higher Education Services Corporation (www.hesc.ny.gov) has the responsibility of administering the Excelsior Scholarship.
- Students must be New York State residents with a family household adjusted gross income of $110,000 or less for the 2018-2019 award year.
- Students must attend a SUNY or CUNY college; SUNY Sullivan is a member institution.
- The maximum last-dollar award is $5,500 per year.
- The first eligible semester is Fall 2017.
- Students must be able to graduate “on-time.” This means students must complete their two-year degree in two years or less, they must complete 30 academic credits per year (including Summer and Winter intersession).
- Recipients of the Excelsior Scholarship must reside in New York State for the number of years that he/she receives the award. If a student receives the awards for two years, then they must live in New York State for two years after graduation.
We hope to see you on campus this fall!