The Office Manager is a hands-on position where the essential functions include a combination of secretarial tasks, customer service, staff and/or student orientations and the coordination of departmental processes and services. The work is performed in accordance with the general instructions received from the Dean of Liberal Arts, Sciences, & Health Sciences or designee.
This position may entail working some Saturdays and evening hours.
This position reports to the Dean of Liberal Arts, Sciences, & Health Sciences or designee and may supervise clerical support staff and work study students.
This is a noncompetitive Civil Service position and the incumbent is a member of the Teamsters Union.
- Associates Degree in Secretarial Science, Business Administration, Office Management, or similar field of study.
- Two to three years of experience in a busy office, which includes at least one year of supervising support staff. Experience in a college or university setting a plus.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience as listed above.
- General knowledge of methods used in keeping financial accounts and records.
- Typing/keyboarding skills of at least 50 words per minute.
- Proficiency in current operating system used: Microsoft Office software, particularly Google, Word and Excel. Knowledge of Jenzabar One a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary for working with diverse groups of people with varying backgrounds. Must communicate effectively with staff, faculty, administrators, students, and parents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the maintenance of departmental records and/or databases for efficiency and accuracy.
- Assists Dean or designee with running reports on Jenzabar and executes other administrative/clerical processes and duties, from general indication as to content.
- Confers with the Dean or designee on the revision of procedures, policies and operational workflow changes.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual department budget.
- Assists in the preparation of the Nursing Program Annual Report and assists in preparation of material necessary for state site visits.
- Works with the Dean or designee preparing the Health Sciences Department master schedule.
- Trains and supervises Civil Service personnel, work-study employees, student aides and volunteers in the various tasks associated with the operations of the office.
- Directs the flow of work to department clerical staff and all other support staff, schedules meetings and coordinates processes.
- Coordinates departmental events such as the Nursing and Respiratory Care graduation ceremonies.
- Acts as a resource person and disseminator of department information by answering telephone and walk-in inquires and routine questions posed by staff, students and parents referring them, as appropriate, to other campus resources.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written directions.
- Assists entire team with advertising programs/brochures/flyers, as needed.
- Helps process travel paperwork for staff
- Ensures the proper processing of purchase requests, billing and ordering of supplies and inventory.
- Attends various meetings and takes minutes, including covering for Departmental Secretaries when they are out.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean or designee.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- Health Insurance Buyback if the incumbent has other health insurance coverage,
- Participation in the NYS retirement system,
- Supplemental retirement annuities,
- Generous PTO
- Short-term disability provided by the college,
- Optional short-term disability, cancer or accident insurances,
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan – flexible spending for medical and dependent care,
- Access to credit unions,
- Access to onsite Daycare,
- Wellness Program & access to the cardio & weight rooms in the Field House,
- Community Garden on campus,
- And more!
The hourly rate for this position is $23.60 per hour ($43,118.85 per year). The review of resumes is scheduled to begin immediately.
Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, resume, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
American with Disability Act Requirements: External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform other job-related instructions given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Posted on February 17, 2022.