Instructions for Graduation
It is best practice to follow these steps when you register for your last semester. Try not to wait until the semester has started to do so.
1. Print “All My Grades” from the My SUNY Sullivan web portal
- Login to your MySUNYSullivan account.
- Once logged in, click on the “Students” tab at the top.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on “View Unofficial Transcript”
- To print grades, scroll to the bottom and click on “Printable Unofficial Transcript” and click “File and Print”.
2. Print the Track Sheet for Your Major
- Go to “Programs & Majors”
- Click on your specific degree program. (Make sure the program printed on your unofficial transcript is accurate.)
- Print the Program Track Sheet
3. Use “Unofficial Transcript” to Complete the Track Sheet
- Fill in the Track Sheet with grades of courses you’ve passed with a D- or better.
- Write “IP” (In Progress) in the left margin for courses you’re taking this (or next) semester.
4. Once your Track Sheet is completely filled out, you should be ready to graduate!
Application for Degree and Graduation
- Meet with your academic advisor to review your completed track sheet and transcript. Determine if all the degree requirements will be successfully met by the end of the current (or next) semester. All necessary course substitutions must be submitted to the Division Chair and our VP for Academic and Student Affairs for review and final approval.
- Advisor writes on track sheet, in upper right-hand corner, “Approved to graduate” followed by signature & date. Keep a copy of the track sheet for your files.
- When you are ready to submit your signed track sheet for graduation, please deliver it to Registration Services window J019 – for the initial graduation audit which takes approximately 5-10 business days. The final audit is completed at the end of your last semester, after grades are processed.
- The Registrar posts a list of “Cleared Potential Graduates” (passed the initial audit) on the bulletin board next to the registration window. Once your name is posted, you may pay your $40 graduation fee ($25 for a second degree) to the Student Billing office. This is a flat fee, which covers your diploma and cap and gown.
- Mark your calendar! Commencement is on Saturday, May 19, 2018.