Application for Degree and Graduation
- Meet with your academic advisor to review your completed track sheet and transcript. Determine if all the degree requirements will be successfully met by the end of the current (or next) semester. All necessary course substitutions must be submitted to the Division Dean/Chair for review and approval.
- After reviewing your track sheet, if you have completed all the necessary requirements, you or you academic advisor will submit your approved track sheet to the Registrar’s office (signed by both of you).
- Apply online! Log in to your MySUNYSullivan account and apply here.
- The graduation fee must be paid by mailing a check to Student Billing or with a credit card on your MySUNYSullivan account.
- The initial graduation audit takes approximately 5-10 business days. The final audit is completed at the end of your last semester, after grades are processed. As of September 1, 2020, the graduation fee is $50 ($25 for a second degree), and, if you graduate with honors (3.25 or higher GPA), you may also request an honors cord. All payments must be made to the Student Billing office. Please note that no diploma will be released prior to the fee being paid.
- (The Registrar posts a list of “Cleared Potential Graduates” [passed the initial audit] on the bulletin board next to the registration window.)
MAY 2022 COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
We are excited to announce that this year’s commencement will take place on Saturday, May 14th, on campus in the Paul Gerry Fieldhouse at 12:00 p.m. Our doors will open to graduates and their guests beginning at 11:00 a.m.
The college will be following guidance from the CDC and SUNY regarding commencement, as the safety of our students, staff, and guests are of the utmost importance. Per SUNY Sullivan policy, anyone that is NOT fully vaccinated is expected to wear a mask at all times while on college property. At this time, there will be NO limit on the number of guests per student.
We welcome everyone who graduated this past December or will be graduating this May or August to participate in Commencement. If you plan on walking at the May Commencement ceremony, you must complete the graduation application by April 1st. This will ensure that your name is in the program and that a cap and gown will be reserved for you. Take care of it as soon as possible!
Cap & Gowns will be available for pick up starting Wednesday, April 27th, in the Student Activities office from 9 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Information regarding the Health Science Pinning Ceremony will be sent out separately.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OUR GRADUATES!