State University of New York Uniform Tuition Refund Policy
Any student who officially withdraws from a course or from the College prior to the first class will receive 100% refund of tuition and fees. A student who officially withdraws after the first class meets shall be liable for payment of tuition and refundable fees in accordance with the following schedule:
|Schedule of Student Tuition Liability Liability||Full Semester||8-week term or less|
|During 1st week||25%||75%|
|During 2nd week||50%||100%|
|During 3rd week||75%||100%|
|After 3rd week||100%||100%|
General Requirements for Refund Considerations
- After classes begin, all withdrawals are officially processed through the Student Success Center. Prior to start of classes withdrawals are processed by the Registrar’s Office.
- Refunds for students who withdraw will not be processed until after the fifth week of the semester
- In the event a course is cancelled by the College, any tuition and fees directly associated with that course will be refunded to registered students.
- The first day that classes are offered, as scheduled by the College, shall be considered the first day of the semester, quarter or other term, and the first week of classes for purposes of this section, shall be deemed to have ended when seven calendar days, including the first day of scheduled classes, have elapsed.
- A student who is dismissed for academic or disciplinary reasons prior to the end of an academic term shall be liable for all tuition and fees due for that term.
Registration of returning students will not be permitted unless all previous college financial obligations have been met and all College property (including library books) from the previous semester have been returned in satisfactory condition. Unless all of these obligations have been met, there will be no release by the College of information including transcripts to other colleges and universities or business and industrial employers.