Posted on August 11, 2021.
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Mentor Tutor in the Liberty Partnerships Program. The Mentor- Tutor will assist the Director and Coordinator in implementing the Liberty Partnerships Program, an after-school, day school and summer program designed to promote successful graduation, college readiness and career development among high school students. Some daytime hours may be required. Programming occurs at local school districts, field trips, and on the SUNY Sullivan campus. It requires a flexible work schedule. Night and weekends may occasionally be required for special events. The Mentor Tutor for the Liberty Partnerships Program reports to the LPP Director. This is a part-time, grant-funded position.
- College background required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience or willingness to work with disadvantaged youth
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge in specific academic subjects
- Experience in youth counseling, social work, or case work
- Proficiency in MS Windows
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with students in order to assess their academic needs, work with the LPP team to develop learning plans and assist with designing curriculums.
- Assist in directing and coordinating the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Liberty Partnerships Program in and out-of- school time for high school students enrolled in programming at the Liberty Partnership Program.
- Tutor LPP students based on assessed areas of need.
- Comfortable assisting students with academic/homework needs at the middle and high school level.
- Facilitate group discussions on topics related to college readiness, life skills and youth development.
- Mentoring students regarding academic and personal issues at the individual and group level.
- Keep informed of current trends in education.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; the review of resumes will be on-going. The hiring range for this position is $15.59 to $17.15 per hour depending on experience, for a maximum of 25 hours per week, depending on the needs of the department. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, resume, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
American with Disability Act Requirements: External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.
SUNY Sullivan is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform other job-related instructions given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.