Share your passion for fitness! Work as a certified personal trainer in fitness centers, athletic venues, spas and health clubs, hotels, resorts and cruise lines.
Graduates of the Recreation Leadership: Fitness – AAS will have will have demonstrated:
- Knowledge in the processes of human growth and development and their effect on skill development
- Ability to analyze skills and improve movement in self and others through an understanding of the concepts and principles of motor behavior
- An understanding of body composition, methods to assess body composition, and principles of weight management
- An understanding of nutrition as it relates to health and fitness
- An understanding of the health-related components of physical fitness
- CPR and First Aid certification
- A basic understanding of the fields of recreation, leisure, sport management, physical education, and coaching and how they relate to fitness
The SUNY Sullivan
Knowledge and understanding of the entrepreneurial process of planning, organizing, leading and controlling as well as advertising and marketing within the fitness field
Preparation for national certification, employment, and/or further study
PE, Sport, Recreation & Leisure
Nutrition w/ Lab
PED prefix course
ENG/HUM/FLA prefix course
Principles of Management
Introduction to Biology I w/ LAB
REL 1505 Philosophy of Sport
PED A course with the PED prefix
Fundamentals of Speech
Health Sciences Applied to Coaching
Theory & Techniques of Coaching
Essentials of Personal Fitness Training I
Physical Fitness & Wellness
Advanced First Aid and CPR
Principles of Marketing
Elective by Advisement
Essentials of Personal
Fitness Training II
*a grade of C or better is required
Interested in Transferring to a SUNY 4-year college?
Check out SUNY’s Course Equivalencies to find out what and how courses will transfer.
You may also be interested in...
Sign up to receive email updates about SUNY Sullivan.