SUNY Sullivan Foundation “Start of Something Great” Golf Tournament to benefit Athletic ScholarshipsShare on Twitter!
Beginning this fall, SUNY Sullivan will compete at the NJCAA Division II athletic level in Men’s and Women’s Basketball. The college has been competing for a number of years at the Division II level in Baseball. Colleges participating in Division II athletics are able to provide scholarships to qualified students to help cover the costs of tuition, books, fees, and up to $250 in course-required supplies. Additionally, the move to Division II athletics will allow SUNY Sullivan to serve dozens more students, as the college will field junior varsity teams for each Division II sport.
Registration and lunch begin at 11:00 a.m. with a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. JeffBank is once again the tournament sponsor. Chris DePew, SUNY Sullivan’s Director of Athletics and Dean of Student Development Services, will chair the event.
The entry fee for the tournament is $120 per person and includes a round of golf, golf cart, on-course refreshments, lunch, cocktails, a delicious steak dinner, and a golf gift. Friends of the college who are not available to play golf, are invited to attend the dinner at 5:00 p.m.; dinner tickets are $40 per person.
Golfers will also have a chance to vie for fantastic hole-in-one prizes on each of the par-three holes, including a shot at a 2-year lease on a 2018 Ford Escape, compliments of the M&M Auto Group. As always, prizes will be awarded for the top men’s and women’s foursomes.
New this year is the “Ultimate Experience” Raffle, which provides chances to win fabulous prizes including:
- Four field-level seats to the New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys game at MetLife Stadium on Sunday, December 30th, including 4 passes to a VIP tailgate party and premium parking;
- Four field-level tickets to the New York Mets vs. Atlanta Braves at CitiField on Tuesday, September 25th, including premium parking and club access to the Porsche, Foxwoods and Jim Beam Clubs;
- Two stage-front floor level tickets to see Billy Joel in concert at Madison Square Garden on Sunday, September 30th;
- Two NY Zipline @ Hunter Mountain passes with an overnight stay at The Emerson Hotel;
- Additional prizes will also be drawn.
- Tickets are $20 per ticket or three for $50. Ticket purchasers do not have to be present during the tournament dinner to win.
To learn how to become a sponsor or a golfer for The Start of Something Great tournament, or to purchase raffle tickets, contact Hillary Egeland at 845-434-5750, ext. 4377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.