Each student has an advisor who is a full-time faculty member of the Business and Social Sciences Division. These advisors assist students in making decisions based upon the student’s personal interests and goals.
Graduation Requirements: (30-32 credits)
After successfully completing the requirements of the Tourism Certificate Program, a student should be prepared to:
- Identify and discuss the historic perspectives of the hospitality and tourism industry, in the United States and abroad.
- Identify and discuss the various areas of the hospitality and tourism field and understand their function in present-day industry.
- Utilize e-commerce as it applies to the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Demonstrate the basic framework for planning a meeting, convention, or exhibition.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the hospitality and tourism industry as it applies to hotel, resort, and conference center facilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate through oral and written techniques.