To Build a Rubric
Go into Course Tools and Click Rubric
NOTE: Import Rubric is only used for transferring rubrics from different courses. Not for importing a rubric outside the course.
- Click Create Rubric.
- Create a Name and Description for the rubric
- To add a row or column click Add Row or Add Column. Rubric Type: is points or percent (can be changed by selecting the drop down menu.) Check the Show Criteria Weight that appears when percentage is selected for rubric type. (Remember that the Total Weight has to equal 100% when weighing each Criteria)
- To delete a column or row you don’t want, click the drop-down arrow to the right of the Row or Column’s name and click Delete This Row.
- To Change the Name of the items, click the drop-down arrow by their name’s and click Edit.
- The percent is the the amount they will receive from each weighted category. (Eg. If they got 50 percent in formatting and the weight of it is 33% then they will receive 16.5%.)
- At least one of the percents in each column has to be 100% for a full score in the criteria
- Under each percentage in the criteria the Description are added below so students know how they are being scored within that percentage.
- Click Submit when you are done creating the rubric
Sample discussion rubric:
Adding Rubric to Assessments
To add a rubric to an assignment find the item you want and go into edit.
Click on Add Rubric and click on Select Rubric. A window will appear with all course rubrics. Select one.
Once done, you should see the rubric pop up. Under Show Rubric to Students click it and choose yes to allow the students to see the rubric. You can now score their assignments directly inside the rubric.