Applying for Veteran Education Benefits?
- To apply for VA benefits for the first time please go to www.gibill.va.gov. If you do not have access to a computer you can visit SUNY Sullivan’s Learning Center computer lab (E building above Library) to submit an application. To have an application mailed to you call 1-888-GI BILL-1 (888-442-4551).
- Apply for Admission to SUNY Sullivan.
- Complete your Financial Aid Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) by going to fafsa.ed.gov.
- If you have earned an Expeditionary Medal and have an honorable discharge, apply for Veterans Tuition Assistance at tapweb.org.
- After you have registered for classes it’s important you are certified by one of SUNY Sullivan’s certifying officers:
Rose Hanofee Director of the Learning Center 845-434-5750, ext. 4462 Eileen Howell Learning Services Assistant 845-434-5750, ext. 4328
- The certification process includes submitting a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (you will receive this after completing the application process and this only has to be submitted once), as well as a copy of your class schedule (please notify a certifying officer every semester when you have officially registered for classes) to one of the certifying officers listed above.