Share on Twitter!

SUNY Sullivan welcomes applications from students who are currently serving or who have served in one of the branches of the United States Armed Forces, and we thank you for your service.

Our faculty and staff look forward to supporting you in your educational goals here at SUNY Sullivan. As an institution that is approved under the Veteran’s Educational Assistance Act (GI Bill), we want to help you maximize your benefits.

Specific questions can be directed to Rose Hanofee, Director of Learning and Student Development Services.

Benefits at SUNY Sullivan

SUNY Sullivan is proud to support its veterans and serving students, who can enjoy the Battle Buddy Room in the C building. Some of our veteran students are available throughout the week to answer students’ questions on applying for VA benefits, the GI bill, and how to be a member of Sullivan’s veterans community.

Admissions Procedures

You should complete the admissions requirements listed online, as well as completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Once you are accepted, you should complete our Next Steps checklist.

Once you have registered for classes, you must be certified by one of SUNY Sullivan’s certifying officers:

The certification process includes submitting a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility, which you will receive after completing the application process. This only needs to be submitted once. You will also need to submit a copy of your class schedule to one of the certifying officers listed above; please notify a certifying officer every semester when you have officially registered for classes.

Applying for VA Benefits

To apply for VA benefits for the first time, you should visit the Veteran Affairs website. You may also call 1-888 GI BILL-1 (888-442-4551) to have an application mailed to you. You are welcome to go to the Learning Center’s computer lab (in the E Building) if you do not have access to a computer.

If you have earned an Expeditionary Medal and have an honorable discharge, apply for Veterans Tuition Assistance through New York State’s Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC).