World Premiere of Lorca Eats BulletsShare on Twitter!
The SUNY Sullivan Theater Program is proud to announce auditions for the world premiere production of LORCA EATS BULLETS by Nick López and directed by Bradley Diuguid.
This production is a part of SUNY Sullivan’s 2020-2021 “World Wars” Theater Season, which will examine plays that are literal or figurative world wars in a micro- or macrocosm.
Auditions on Zoom on September 3 and 4 from 6-8 PM, or video submissions by that time.
Use Calendly for appointments or email email@example.com your video submission.
Zoom Appointments or Video Submission.
All parts are currently open and all parts are open to inclusive casting: actors of color, actors with disabilities, women, trans and gender non-conforming actors, and other members of historically and currently marginalized communities that are not well represented or misrepresented onstage in theater productions
- All actors could be cast in multiple roles.
- Non-Union, non-paying gig.
- Two rehearsals a week will be at the SUNY Sullivan campus in the Seelig Theatre and two rehearsals will be done on-line for cast and crew.
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- Auditions will be accepted until 11:59 PM on September 4, 2020, EST.
- Rehearsals – September 7 to November 5, five days a week, up to four hours per day M-F, 6-10 PM.*
- Tech weekend – October 31 and November 1 from 10 AM to 10 PM EST (10 of 12 with meal breaks).
- Dress Rehearsals – November 2-5, from 6 PM to 11 PM.
- Performances – November 6-7 at 8 PM; November 8 at 2 PM, November 11-14 at 8 PM. Performances are planned to be in the Seelig Theatre and live-streamed on the Zoom platform to our audience. (Please note, that if the Covid-19 crisis changes, the play may be presented in the participants’ homes and fully on Zoom; the team will rehearse both versions of the show, in preparation for any and all possibilities).
- Each cast member must have/or get the program to provide:
- A computer (Mac or Windows OS) with multi-core processor (Intel i5 or better) and 4gb RAM (or better), webcam, and microphone. (if you do not have this, please let the production team know).
- A reliable internet connection with at least 3mbs upload and 10mbs download.
- Permission for SUNY Sullivan theater techs to remotely access and operate your computer during rehearsal and performance.
- Other equipment (green screens, ring lights, external mics, external webcams, props) will be provided by SUNY Sullivan Theater Program as needed.
For the auditions in person or for self-taping, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the sides.
Here is a tutorial to help you with your self-tape submission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqPFUroJ6pY
LORCA EATS BULLETS Synopsis
A mad-cap new play juxtaposing the trials of war through the lens of the young adults conscripted to fight the Battle of Stalingrad and shades of the Vietnam War. The play deals with antiwar themes and focuses on a team of Russian female snipers as they journey through battles with the Wehrmacht, Giant Hitler and Stalin monsters, and Baby Messerschmitts.
LORCA EATS BULLETS Playwright
Nick López is an Adjunct Professor of Theater and Speech at SUNY Sullivan. He is also the Program Director for Woodbourne Correctional Facility for Rehabilitation Through the Arts (RTA). He is an actor, director, designer, and cartoonist. He has performed and directed in New York, New Mexico, Washington State, and West Virginia. He has a BA in Theater from the University of New Mexico and an MFA in Performance from West Virginia University.