SUNY Sullivan seeks reliable, friendly, and detail-oriented individuals to proctor a variety of exams at our new Testing Center. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a part-time schedule working in a quiet and professional setting. This position is responsible for scheduling appointments, monitoring testing environments, administering and proctoring in-person and remote exams, and assisting with tracking exam data. Test proctors are part-time employees and will be scheduled for day, evening, and some weekend hours.
- Proctor all testing which may include: GED, CLEP, TEAS tests, proficiency tests, make-up testing, certification exams, and also exams for non-SUNY Sullivan students from other colleges;
- Assist with the coordination of daily testing center activities;
- Maintain the Testing Center’s test schedules and schedule appointments for testing;
- Check identification and perform other test security intake procedures when individuals arrive for testing such as palm scanning;
- Maintain the security of the testing center and materials;
- Conduct video/mirror surveillance and routine walkthroughs;
- Ensure a safe, secure, customer-friendly, and professional testing environment
- Prior to testing, explain to individuals the testing procedures;
- Be knowledgeable of the different campus offices’ functions to make referrals when needed;
- Explain and clarify test instructions for individuals;
- Provide testing accommodations for individuals with disabling conditions;
- Utilize accessibility software programs such as Read & Write Gold, Kurzweil, Dragon Naturally Speaking and Zoom Text;
- Maintain integrity of testing environment (check IDs, calculators, monitor testers through testing sessions);
- Maintain attendance rosters of individuals utilizing testing services;
- Ensure the security of all testing materials;
- Ensure timely return of exams as per instructions provided;
- Scan completed class tests to instructors;
- Monitor the remote or in-person testing environment and respond to student actions during exams;
- Log and track exam data for the testing center, including generating utilization reports and data entry in tracking software;
- Enter test score into Jenzabar if applicable;
- Report equipment malfunctions to the Helpdesk and supervisor;
- Attend meetings and workshops that enhance professional development;
- Communicate with supervisor regarding exam issues and test-taker concerns;
- Participate in yearly training such as certification to proctor certain exams and training required by the college;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexible schedule;
- Ability to work independently in a quiet environment, learn detailed procedures, multitask, and prioritize;
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suites, Windows applications, Internet, email, and troubleshooting minor computer issues;
- High school diploma or GED required, Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; the review of resumes will be on-going. Salary for this position is $24.40/hour.
Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, resume, and the contact information, including emails, for 3 professional references.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.