The Administrative Assistant AAS degree program is a broad-based career program providing students with a background in office administration. It combines computer applications with managerial, communication, and human relation skills.
After successfully completing the requirements of the Administrative Assistant (AAS), a student should be prepared to:
- Utilize research and communication skills for the preparation of various business presentations, reports and documents.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of MS Office Applications Software.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically, solve problems, and make decisions independently.
- Use interpersonal skills to function effectively as a team member in evaluating business and office problems.
- Apply various business concepts and theories to business and office activities.
The SUNY Sullivan
The Administrative Assistant AAS degree program emphasizes simulated office experiences and real world job skills such as problem solving and critical thinking.
Principles of Management
Physical Education Elective
SCI Prefix Course with Lab
Virtual Office Management
CPT Elective By Advisement
Liberal Arts Elective
Fundamentals of Accounting
Human Resource Management
Fundamentals of Speech
Free Elective By Advisement
Computer Applications for Business
Computer Accounting with QuickBooks