Disclaimer: Although most employers and organizations offering jobs and internships are reputable and reliable, SUNY Sullivan does not guarantee the reputation or professional standing of those posting notices nor guarantee employment. Potential applicants are encouraged and advised to conduct due diligence and research potential employers and internships opportunities presented here and elsewhere.
Orange/Sullivan Division of Rehabilitation Support Services, Inc. is seeking 2– full-time Recreation Specialists to work with youth ages 5 to 18 who have a mental health diagnosis. Ideal for human services graduates.
- AA/AS in Human Services with three years of experience working with children and adolescents.
- Must work well in a positive, strengths-focused, high-energy, and rapidly changing environment.
- Ensure that all arrangements are made to enable access to activities (e.g. transportation, funds, reservations, etc.)
- Document group activities in reports and progress notes.
- Participate in all required training and attend staff meetings/supervisions.
- Temporarily provide all recreational services via zoom or other online platform.
To apply, send a resume to Clarissa Plummer, MA- Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Clarissa directly at 845-701-6040.
Mention SUNY Sullivan for immediate consideration, if qualified.
King of Delancey NY, a seasonal summer restaurant in Loch Sheldrake, is looking to hire for all positions. Servers, Bussers, Kitchen help, etc. Located at Vacation Village across the street from campus.
The pay rate is $14-$18 Per Hour depending on experience.
Please email email@example.com for more information and mention SUNY Sullivan for immediate consideration if qualified.
ODA Primary Care Network in Monticello and Woodridge, NY is seeking a Full-time Medical Assistant for summer clinics. Ideal for a May graduate or Alumnus. Nursing students are also encouraged to apply. This position is temporary until the end of August.
- Responsible for the accurate recording of vital signs and phlebotomy
- Utilizing standing orders
- Responsible for the accurate recording of vital signs and phlebotomy
- Utilizing standing orders
- Prepares the examination rooms at the beginning and end of each day, restocks supplies as needed, and checks to confirm equipment functionality
- Responsible for documentation required for CDSS alerts
- Directs patients to the proper area for scheduling follow-up appointments
- Participates in patient education as directed by physician
- As assigned, generates reports, including but not limited to patient hospitalization rosters. Reports will be assigned to designated staff for follow-up, in accordance with Health Center practices
- Be available for scheduled work hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as assigned
- Be committed to the concept of continuity of care and under a physician’s direction, have the skills and compassion necessary to educate and inform patients and their families of relevant care information
- AAS Medical Assistant Degree
- Nursing students are encouraged to apply with no degree necessary
- Computer proficient
- Fluent in English is a must, fluent in Spanish is a plus
- Authorized to work in the USA
The pay rate for this position is $19 per hour.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and mention SUNY Sullivan for immediate consideration.
Morgan Outdoors in Hurleyville, NY is seeking a part-time Retail Sales Associate. Be part of a team that loves the outdoors and connecting people to outdoor experiences. Work in a bright new space on a friendly main street.
Schedule: Thursday-Monday, 20 hours
- Greeting a wide range of customers, from toddlers to seniors, and making them feel welcome
- Assisting customers with enthusiasm, honesty, and the desire to meet their needs
- Ringing up sales
- Assisting in maintaining stock room and setting up merchandise displays on sales floor
- Collaborating with fellow team members to keep the sales floor area clean and organized
- Excellent customer service skills
- Interest in outdoor experiences is a plus; these could include hiking, nature study, bird watching, foraging, camping, snowshoeing, backpacking
- Computer skills: willing to learn a new computer-based POS (point of sale) system
- Outstanding communication skills
- Cheerful working attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ready for training in customer service, POS system, and product knowledge skills
The minimum pay rate for this position is $13 hourly, depending on experience and skills.
To apply, contact Lisa Lyons ASAP at email@example.com for an employment application. The start date and schedule are flexible for the qualified candidate.
The NYS Department of Health at the Monticello District Office is seeking a Summer Public Health Inspector.
- Perform environmental health inspection functions during the summer season
- Conduct routine sanitary code inspections of temporary residences (such as hotels, motels, campgrounds, mobile home parks, and lodging and rooming houses), as well as food service establishments, pools, beaches, and water supplies, pursuant to specific sections of the New York State Sanitary Code
- Require extensive travel, and travel percentages vary by position.
- Appointees will be required to provide their own transportation, as inspection responsibilities extend over wide urban and rural areas
- Mileage reimbursement is provided for use of personal vehicles. At the time of appointment, candidates will have to demonstrate their capacity to meet all transportation needs in carrying out their fieldwork responsibilities
- One year of experience performing environmental health or sanitarian work, or medical or laboratory technology functions.
- AND EITHER: 12 college credit hours in biology, chemistry, geology, hydrology, and/or physics
- OR: 6 college credit hours in biology, chemistry, geology, hydrology, and/or physics AND 6 college credit hours in science-based courses in one or more of the following applied sciences: environmental technology, sanitation technology, medical technology, public health, infection control, and/or food science.
- Substitution:?Additional college credit hours in the disciplines listed above beyond those required to meet the minimum qualifications may be substituted for the required experience at the rate of 15 credit hours equaling six months.
- You must include a transcript(s) indicating how you meet the qualifying credit hours options listed above. The transcript should include course names, credit hours, and the name of the college where your college credits were obtained. Failure to include this information will result in disapproval or a delay in processing your application.
The pay rate is $19.61 per hour. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and transcript(s), preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference AJR/PHI/2022 included in the subject line. Candidates, please specify the Monticello location. You may also contact the local Monticello office at: modohealth.ny.gov. Failure to include the required information, including transcripts, may result in disapproval or a delay in processing your application.
The Office of Science / US Department of Energy is pleased to announce paid research internship opportunities for undergraduate students majoring in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) for the Fall of 2022. The application system for the 2022 Fall Term Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) program is currently open, with all applications due by 05:00 PM Eastern Time on May 26, 2022.
The Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) program places students from 2 and 4-year undergraduate institutions as paid interns in science and engineering research activities at DOE national laboratories and facilities, working with laboratory staff scientists and engineers on projects related to ongoing research programs. Appointments are for 16 weeks during the Fall term, are open to US Citizens and US Lawful Permanent Residents, and include a weekly stipend, reimbursement for one round trip domestic travel to the participant’s host DOE laboratory, and possibilities for a housing allowance. More than 850 internships are sponsored annually.
The application is made online. Full program information and descriptions, including links to the online application system, are available at: https://science.osti.gov/wdts/suli/.
Cafe Chocolat in Woodbourne, NY is seeking help for the summer season. Positions available include:
- Food prep and baking of pastries
- Baristas and drink prep
- Customer care associates
The pay rate is $700-$1200 per week depending on experience, position, and commitment. To apply, text Yosaif at 845-448-8230 to set up an interview or for more information. Mention SUNY Sullivan for immediate consideration if qualified.
The Liberty Central School District is seeking a PC/Helpdesk Support Technician. Ideal for a Computer Support or Computer Programming major or graduate. Duties include:
- PC Technician/Tech support in a Helpdesk style environment
- Time Management skills, ability to prioritize
- Work in a team environment, but be able to solve issues on their own
- Support of hardware/software in a K-12 school setting
- Platforms include Windows 10/11, Active Directory, Google Admin Console, Microsoft SCCM (System Center), JAMF, SmartBoards, Chromebooks, etc.
- Strong customer service skills and a willingness to learn and grow are vital
- Travel between schools within the district
The pay rate is $15-$17 per hour. The hours are 7:30 am – 3:30 pm. Employment is contingent on a background check and fingerprinting. The candidate would also need to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test result each week. To apply, send a resume to: email@example.com. Mention SUNY Sullivan for immediate consideration if qualified.
Opening this May in Livingston Manor, NY, Little North will be a kitchen and market spotlighting products and ingredients from the area and beyond! Little North is seeking to fill the following part-time or full-time positions and will train if necessary.
Position 1. Cook.
- Help to open and break down the kitchen before and after service
- Strategizing fresh daily menus
- Preparing simple seasonal proteins, grains, soups, salads, and sides for the counter service and retail fridges.
Position 2. Rotisserie Master.
- Learn to season, cook, butcher, and serve the meats (and some vegetables) that come out of our rotisserie every day, and help the owner create menus based around the rotisserie.
- This position will be a hybrid between our kitchen and service counter, where you’ll serve the customers directly and prepare foods to go as well.
Position 3. Baker or Assistant Baker.
- Serving everything from breakfast pastries (muffins, scones, banana bread, etc) to all-day sweets (cookies, brownies, blondies, cakes, pies, and more!).
Position 4. Counter Staff.
- Serve fresh food from the deli case and hot case, make coffees and espresso drinks (training provided), as well
- as serve pastries, serve wine and beer, and manage the cash register for shoppers who are purchasing food from the market.
To apply, reach out to LittleNorthCatskills@gmail.com with the position you’d be interested in, and tell us a little about yourself! Mention SUNY Sullivan for immediate consideration if qualified.
A small family farm outside of Wurtsboro, NY is seeking a Farm Apprentice for the summer.
- Landscape maintenance and upkeep (planting, brush clearing, pruning, tree maintenance, mowing)
- Garden maintenance (watering, weeding, pruning, harvesting, planting)
- Building projects – light carpentry, comfort with power tools
- Other property management tasks
- Start – immediately
- Candidate must have own transportation
- Enthusiastic about learning new skills, comfortable in new environments, and the ability to work independently and with people.
- Reliable, responsible, and trustworthy
The pay rate is $15-$20 per hour, 10-20 hours a week to start with the possibility to increase with time. No experience is necessary and will train the right candidate. To apply, send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention SUNY Sullivan for immediate consideration if qualified.