VIRTUAL CLASSES AVAILABLE
Become part of the most exciting industry in the world! The Catskill Hospitality Institute offers training for careers in hotel and event management, travel and more!
The Associate in Applied Science Hospitality and Tourism Management program offers a solid background in the Hospitality Industry. Courses in various areas of business, tourism, and hospitality services provide the students with the necessary skills to succeed in the corporate world.
Each student is assigned a faculty advisor to assist in selecting the proper electives based on the student’s interests. Graduates are employed in many facets of the hospitality and tourism industry including hotels, spas, casinos, restaurants, country clubs, travel and tourism organizations, corporate dining facilities, and transportation companies.
The Hospitality and Tourism Management AAS degree program offers transfer opportunities to four-year schools for those students in good academic standing.
After successfully completing the requirements of the Hospitality and Tourism Management (AAS), a student should be prepared to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the hospitality, tourism and event planning industries.
- Utilize research and communication skills for the preparation of various hospitality and tourism presentations, reports and documents.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically, solve problems, and make decisions independently.
- Use interpersonal skills to function effectively as a team member in evaluating hospitality and tourism problems.
- Apply various business concepts and theories to hospitality and tourism activities.
- Integrate the use of computers in a variety of hospitality and tourism activities.
The SUNY Sullivan
The Catskill Hospitality Institute at SUNY Sullivan prepares students who are passionate about culinary service industries.
Hands-On Experience & Knowledge
Our students gain hands-on, real-world skills and knowledge to position themselves to perform locally and globally, with pride, enthusiasm and with levels of service that exceed expectations.
Real-World, Live-Action Classrooms
Our associate degree programs deliver a hands-on, immersive experience that put our graduates on the leading edge of industry standards and equip them with skills that are highly desirable to employers.
Experience That’s Real and Relevant
Students work alongside industry professionals. Courses in Hospitality, Purchasing, Cost Control, and Human Resources as well as ServSafe and TIPS certifications prepare our graduates in all aspects of culinary business.
Principles of Management
Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism
Sanitation & Safety
Liberal Arts Electives (2)
Human Resource Management
BUS/CPT/CUL prefix course
SCI prefix course and Lab
Fundamentals of Speech
Fundamentals of Accounting
Business Law I
Hospitality Cost Control
Principles of Marketing
Meeting and Event Planning
Computer Applications for Business
Survey of World Cultures