NY State Tuition Assistance Program financial aid is available for part-time study (min. of 6 credits required), so don't get passed over and miss out on your chance for a good job by being under-qualified.
This one-year certificate program provides the student with the background for employment in an accounting office in an entry level position. Job titles might include: accounts receivable clerk, accounts payable clerk, payroll clerk, or tax clerk.
After successfully completing the requirements of the Accounting Studies Certificate program, a student should be prepared to:
- Analyze and understand common business and accounting transactions.
- Prepare basic financial statements.
- Read and understand financial statements.
- Prepare various managerial accounting reports.
- Integrate the use of computers in a variety of accounting activities.
- Use research and communication skills to prepare various accounting documents.
The SUNY Sullivan
The Accounting Studies Certificate program is designed to allow the student to move directly into a two-year program in Accounting or Business Administration without a major loss of credit.
The Accounting Studies program offers hands-on training in computerized accounting in our state- of-the-art computer classrooms and labs.
Computer Applications for Business
Principles of Management
Business Law I
Computer Accounting with QuickBooks
Federal Income Tax Procedures