Submit a calendar event
SUNY Sullivan staff and current students are encouraged to submit events for inclusion on the SUNY Sullivan Events Calendar. Submissions will not be accepted by the general public; anonymous submissions will not be accepted.
Your submission will not automatically appear on our website. All submitted events are sent to the Communications Office for approval before they are published on the online calendar.
We will do our best to post a submitted event within 48-72 business hours. It is recommended that you submit your event to the calendar at least one week prior to the event.
Please review the below guidelines and terms before completing your submission.
NOTE: Submitting an event for the SUNY Sullivan Events Calendar does not equate to a request for additional support from the Communications Office. Organizers should contact the Communications Office directly to discuss any requests for event/promotional support.
If you have any questions, please email Lucia O’Corozine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SUNY Sullivan Events Calendar is administered by the Communications Office.
- Submissions must be made at least one week in advance of the event to ensure it is approved and published in a timely fashion.
- SUNY Sullivan does not accept event submissions from outside organizations that are not affiliated with or supported by SUNY Sullivan.
- Events requiring RSVP/registration must specify as such and include appropriate links/information. The events calendar is not able to process monetary transactions.
- Please refrain from using ALL CAPS, exclamation points!, colored fonts, or excessive text formatting (boldface, italics, etc.).
- Please check for misspellings.
- If you are including acronyms, please make sure they are spelled out somewhere in the description.
- Refrain from using rhetorical questions. (i.e. Are you interested in ...?)
- If your event requires tickets, include the ticket price and where/how to purchase them.
- If your event requires registration, include the instructions.
- If your event has a related website with more information, include the URL.
- If the description consists of a lot of text, break it up into paragraphs.
- Please check facts like the spelling of SUNY Sullivan faculty names, phone numbers, addresses, etc.
- If you are including URLs in the description, please ensure they go to a working website.
This service is offered as a courtesy to SUNY Sullivan staff and current students. There is no warranty or guarantee expressed or implied.
By submitting any photo/image to SUNY Sullivan, you:
- Understand that there is no guarantee that a User Submission may be posted. SUNY Sullivan reserves the right to refuse to post any submissions for any reason.
- Understand that SUNY Sullivan is not liable for any misinformation, confusion, or errors in the posting of a User Submission.
- Represent and warrant that you own or have all necessary rights and permissions to use, and authorize SUNY Sullivan to use, all intellectual property rights in and to any User Submission, and to enable inclusion and use thereof in connection with our usage;
- Represent and warrant that your User Submission does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary right, or any right of privacy;
- Understand that SUNY Sullivan does not guarantee, and is not under any obligation of, confidentiality with respect to any User Submission, and agree that any User Submission is provided on a non-proprietary and non-confidential basis;
- Grant SUNY Sullivan a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, and prepare derivative works based upon, and otherwise exploit, the User Submission for our purposes;
- Agree that SUNY Sullivan shall have the right, but not the obligation to, edit, delete, modify, reformat, or translate any User Submission submitted by you, at any time, without notice to you, and for any reason.
Sign up to receive email updates about SUNY Sullivan.