The purpose of the SUNY Sullivan Wellness Program is to enhance the physical, emotional, and intellectual health of our employees and students by developing awareness through education and voluntary onsite health related programming, as well as by connecting employees/students to external resources through our benefits programs out of Human Resources and Student Activities.
Our goal is to create a culture of health that increases individual self-efficacy around personal wellness. This will ultimately improve employee/student morale, well-being and happiness, while concurrently lowering overall health care costs and improving productivity for our entire college community.
Studies have shown that institutions that offer a wellness program have many benefits which may include,
- Bolster employees’ and students’ morale and commitment to the college by showing administration cares about their well-being
- Help employees/students better manage their time and stress
- Assist in employee recruitment and retention
- Improved productivity
- Decreased absenteeism and healthcare costs
Goals & Objectives
The SUNY Sullivan Wellness Program has several goals,
- To increase Health Awareness and Education through:
- Disease Management Resources
- Seminars and Classes
- Blood pressure screenings
- Biometric screenings
- To increase nutritional knowledge through cooking and nutrition classes and by providing information on healthy eating options in the school cafeteria as well as nearby restaurants and through the promotion of our community gardens.
- To provide wellness and fitness classes that encourage employees and students to be active
- To promote a Tobacco-free Campus
Read the Wellness Policy
*Campus Walks & Gardening are weather permitting activities!
SUNY Sullivan is proud to collaborate with Sullivan 180, Garnet Health, and Sullivan Renaissance to offer free online Community Learning classes available on your computer or phone.