SUNY Sullivan’s 1-year certificate programs will lead to quality short-term credentials that make it possible to upskill in your current job, or pursue better career prospects. NY State Tuition Assistance Program financial aid is available for part-time study (min. of 6 credits required), so don't get passed over and miss out on your chance for a good job by being under-qualified.
Become part of the most exciting industry in the world! The Catskill Hospitality Institute offers training for careers working in hotels, resorts, conference centers and more!
For student who may not be able to spend two years in college, our one-year Tourism Certificate may be an appealing option. Students who have completed degrees elsewhere and who wish to make a change in career plans may also benefit from this one-year program. A student could spend just one year at the College and receive a certificate in a career-oriented discipline, or elect to continue through the second year and receive an AAS degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Tourism.
Each student will be assigned an advisor who is a full-time faculty member of the Business and Social Sciences Division. These advisors will assist students in making decisions based upon the student’s personal interests and goals.
After successfully completing the requirements of the Tourism Certificate Program, a student should be prepared to:
- Identify and discuss the historic perspectives of the hospitality and tourism industry, in the United States and abroad
- Identify and discuss the various areas of the hospitality and tourism field and understand their function in present-day industry
- Utilize e-commerce as it applies to the hospitality and tourism industry
- Demonstrate the basic framework for planning a meeting, convention, or exhibition
- Demonstrate an understanding of the hospitality and tourism industry as it applies to hotel, resort, and conference center facilities
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate through oral and written techniques
The SUNY Sullivan
Our program prepares students who are passionate about hospitality service industries.
Our students gain hands-on, real-world skills and knowledge to position themselves to perform locally and globally, with pride, enthusiasm, and with levels of service that exceed expectations.
Real-World, Live-Action Classrooms
Our tourism program deliver a hands-on, immersive experience that put our graduates on the leading edge of industry standards and equip them with skills that are highly desirable to employers.
Experience That’s Real and Relevant
Students work alongside industry professionals. Courses in Hospitality, Purchasing, Cost Control, and Human Resources as well as ServSafe and TIPS certifications prepare our graduates in all aspects of the tourism industry.
Principles of Marketing
Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism
Principles of Advertising
Business Field Experience
Computerized Business Systems
CPT Elective by Advisement
Meeting and Event Planning
Survey of World Cultures