Gain New Skills, Knowledge & Experience with Microcredentials
Add verified skills and competencies to your resume with short, flexible microcredentials from SUNY Sullivan. Whether you're rounding out your degree program or adding a new skill for career advancement or change, SUNY Sullivan microcredentials can help you achieve your goals without slowing down.
SUNY Sullivan’s microcredentials are setting the standard nationally and internationally for high-quality, stackable credentials designed for today's learner. All of SUNY Sullivan's microcredentials are designed to be:
Academic quality is paramount in the development and approval of SUNY microcredentials.
Each microcredential has immediate value and, where possible, stacks together with other microcredentials or learning experiences to meet the requirements of a certificate, initial or advanced degree.
Microcredentials are designed to meet current and emerging market needs and align with relevant industry standards.
Completion of our microcredentials is recorded on your transcript and/or highlighted in a digital badge so your accomplishments travel with you.
LEARN MORE NOW
What is a Microcredential?
- A microcredential comprises short course sequences that can be completed within 1 or 2 semesters.
- Microcredentials verify, validate and attest those specific skills and/or competencies have been
achieved and are of high quality.
- Microcredentials are endorsed by SUNY and SUNY Sullivan.
- They differ from traditional degrees and certificates in that they are generally offered in shorter or more flexible time spans and tend to be more narrowly focused.
- Microcredentials are meaningful by providing benefits to individuals that help them advance their educational, professional, and/or life goals.
- A digital badge will be awarded to students who complete the required course sequence with a 2.0 GPA or higher in each course.
- Most of the courses within each sequence should be completed at SUNY Sullivan. Any exception to this would require approval from the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs.
- Credit-bearing microcredential courses may be transferable to other campuses. Students should speak to the admissions department of the school they are transferring to for more information.
- Micro-credentials may prepare individuals for licensing examinations or support ongoing requirements for maintaining licensure.
- If a microcredential requires a certification exam then a passing grade on that exam is also required before the microcredential will be awarded.
- Financial aid may be available for credit-bearing Microcredentials. Individuals seeking financial aid should contact the college’s financial aid office.
COVID-19 VACCINE NOTICE
Effective immediately, the COVID-19 vaccine will no longer be mandated for students to attend SUNY Sullivan, with the exception of Nursing and Respiratory Care students.
READY TO REGISTER?
VIRTUAL REGISTRATION/INFO SESSIONS
EVERY TUESDAY @ 3:30 P.M.
Enjoy individualized help with class registration and/or ask any questions you may have about the admissions process, financial aid, etc.
Call-In #: 646 558 8656
Meeting ID: 957 6808 2172
CAN'T MAKE AN INFO SESSION?
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE VIDEO CONSULTATION, CALL, OR PERSONAL IN-PERSON CAMPUS TOUR TODAY!