SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Computer Science and Information Systems Adjunct for a Spring 2024 appointment. The incumbent will provide instruction for the following types of courses:
- Networking Essentials (Network Pro Certification)
- Computer Hardware and Software (PC Pro Certification)
- System Analysis (Understanding of System Analysis and Design systems)
Please note that these are seated classes, they are not taught online
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems & Technology or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning preferred; or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems and 6 years or more experience in the field
- Professional experience in Computer Science & Computer Information Systems or related field is highly desirable.
- Teaching experience, preferably in the community college setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary for working with diverse groups of people with varying backgrounds and learning styles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to and effectively learn new technologies (learning management systems, online tools, simulated lab environments, etc.)
- Familiarity with a breadth and depth of technologies, as applied to specific classes
*COVID-19 Vaccination is required*
Please note – these courses are scheduled to be on campus in Loch Sheldrake, NY, and applicants must have the ability to teach on campus and during business hours. Instructors who are only available to teach online courses will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; the review of resumes will be on-going. Salary is determined by a candidate’s rank at SUNY Sullivan, based on experience, education, and contact hours. The full salary range is $655 per contact hour to $740 per contact hour. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, CV, statement of teaching philosophy, and the contact information including emails for 3 professional references.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.