This program is designed for students who have an active interest in the environment.
The goal of this program is to give students a strong background in science, and also to engage them in the historical, political and societal aspects of environmental issues.
Graduates of the Environmental Science – AS will have demonstrated:
- Knowledge of a variety of environmental issues from varying perspectives
- Knowledge of the principles of biology, chemistry and mathematics
- The ability to conduct scientific experiments using the scientific method
- The ability to work safely and effectively in a laboratory environment and/ or in the field, using a variety of equipment
- The critical thinking skills necessary to draw conclusions from scientific data
The SUNY Sullivan
Graduates will have learned to conduct experiments in a laboratory environment or in the field as well as to speak and write effectively about environmental issues
The Environmental Science AS program prepares graduates to transfer to a four-year institution to earn a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies or environmental science
MAT 1205 or higher
Principles of Biology I
Principles of Biology II
Fundamentals of Speech
Course with the PED prefix
General Chemistry I
Introduction to Ecology
Elective By Advisement
History of the Environmental Movement
Social Justice Biocultural Diversity
General Chemistry II
Science and Civilization
Interested in Transferring to a SUNY 4-year college?
Check out SUNY’s Course Equivalencies to find out what and how courses will transfer.
You may also be interested in...
Sign up to receive email updates about SUNY Sullivan.